58: Legendary Tribe

Sahar knew the risks of wars, and she wanted to pretend she'd be able to avoid them. All she needed was the weight of her daggers in her hand and the comfort of the thread connecting her to Midnight and the Pack.

But she couldn't stop trembling.

Nakita niyang tumingala si Arius para hanapin ang kalaban na nagpatumba kay Killian. Her familiar hadn't had enough time to breathe properly but it didn't look like it mattered to him now. "I need to go"

Tumango si Sahar sabay takbo palapit kay Killian na ngayon namimilipit sa sakit. Naramdaman niya ang pagbagong anyo ni Arius at ang pag lipad nito sa ere.

Sahar dropped onto the ground beside Killian. The angel was bleeding and wounded, just like everybody else. Behind him, his wings twitched.

"Motherfucker" was his first word. Sinubukan nitong tumayo pero dalawa silang napasinghap ng hangin ng mapansing bali ang isa nitong kamay.

Sahar pushed him down. Took one of her healing potions and opened it.

"Mayroon ako—-"

She grabbed his jaw and forced open his mouth. Binuhos niya kaagad ang laman ng healing potion saloob ng bibig ng anghel.

"Hindi mo parin ginagamit kapangyarihan mo?" Inis niyang giit sa kaibigan.

"It's none of your business" masungit naman na sagot ni Killian sakanya. "I am capable even without my magic"

Sahar thought he was right. It was none of her business. If he wanted to do suicide, he should have said so in the first place.

She grabbed him by his thick arm and helped him up as soon as his arm healed. Napamura pa siya sa bigat ni Killian ngunit nabigla na lamang siya nang higitin siya ng anghel sa likuran nito. Saktong nakita niya ang kalaban na sumugod sa pwesto nila. Sinunggaban kaagad ng anghel ang kalaban sa leeg gamit ng espada.

Hinila ni Killian ang espada niya mula sa leeg ng kalaban. Kinuha niya ang isang healing potion na nakatago sakanyang mga damit sabay hagis nito kay Sahar. "Salamat sa tulong"

Sahar caught the tube with one hand, "Don't make me come up there"

She watched as the angel's face contorted into a scowl. Battles in the air have always been tough, but if needed be, she wouldn't hesitate to transform into her dragon even though Midnight specifically ordered her to focus most of her fights on the ground.

Wala na siyang narinig pa kay Killian. The angel shot right into the air, feathers in the color of both white and black fell out from the angel's wings at the sudden pressure. Sahar had many things going on inside her head as of the moment but she refused to succumb to her own drowning thoughts.

Past through the thousands of enemies in front of her, she eyed the Emperor hiding behind the protection of his army.

Even if she needed to crawl her way to the Emperor, she vowed to herself she'd get to him.

No matter what. 

--

Close-range battles were never Pandora's strongest suit. She always preferred killing from afar with her bow and arrow. She was faster from afar, her aims were more accurate there. She never liked fighting too close. She was aware she had too many openings, so she tried concealing them with her archery skills.

It hadn't been half of the day when she started panting in the middle of the battle. Both her arms and legs ached from the continuous movement and she was starting to feel sick from all the mixed gore she was smelling hovering in the air. If someone would have told her too much blood would cause discontentment, she wouldn't have believed them and laughed at their faces. She took a mental note not to drink blood for a week after this war.