16: At the South

There wasn't a single construction left intact from the path I took to get myself to the southern part of Azura City. Two feet worked as I battled my way down the post I was assigned to and, I was definitely out of breath from multitasking. I needed to use half of my daggers to get through the enemies. Obtaining at least one broken rib and multiple scratches along the way. I never appreciate my ability to regenerate more. But seeing the demons I have encountered and instructing them to find a safer place--- which I believe would be the palace right now--- was a dignifying sensation, the exhaustion evaporated like water.

Using my light would only speed up the process of my fatigue and that wouldn't be a good idea, considering I would be the only one taking up the south. Conserving my energy, my power would be the most idealistic. Turning into a dragon would be my last card to play. We have two other dragons playing in the field, that would be more than enough. Kaka-bagong anyo lamang ni Arius kani-kanina lang. Rinig na rinig sa buong syudad ang malakas nitong ungol na halos ikina alog ng lupa.

Good thing was, I haven't encountered any of the Sins yet.

Bad thing was, as soon as I entered the southern perimeters, I instead encountered a demon child who was cornered by four armored soul eaters inside the ruins of an old bakery shop.

I halted and slid my body behind a wrecked wall big enough to hide me, my movements were those of a predator hunting her food. Even my breathing automatically evened out, aware that even the very action could be heard if not handled properly.

Peering from my spot, I began inspecting the soul eaters. Their bodies, their sizes, how tall they were. While the other two almost resembled a human if it weren't for their unusually long limbs, the last two were all furry and full of black spikes. They were trying to intimidate the kid, who looked as though was trying his best not to let fear surface on his little red face. May mga sinasabi sila sa bata, nagtawanan pa nga. Halatang pinaglalaruan nila ito. I could hear every word thrown but listening wasn't going to be my reason to delay help.

The first thing I did is to throw another set of daggers at the pathetic enemies who thought ganging up on a child would look villainous. To my satisfaction, they weren't dumb enough not to notice the incoming attack.

They were fast.

Quick to sense as they all deflected my daggers with their own weapons.

But--- "You might want to destroy the other one, not just like you know, deflect it" --- I was using Bluezold.

With a snap of my fingers, Bluezold expanded in the air until the blade reached each armor. Sharp enough to even pierce through their coverings. The sound that burst into the air was a wet thud followed by their cries of pain. Each one was a melody I could listen to every single day.

Just to make sure they were going to be dead the next second, I threw another batch of daggers straight into their foreheads. A choked sob escape their mouths before gravity did its thing. Bodies dropped onto the ground.

Dead.

Wonderful.

"Bata" Nilapitan ko ang mga katawan ng patay at isa't isa hinila ang mga kutilsyo ko sakanilang mga ulo. Pinaliit ko na 'rin uli si Bluezold. "Nasaan ang mga magulang mo?"

Mga ilang segundo 'rin ang lumipas bago siya nagsalita. I could smell his fear and anger lingering. Fear, I understood. Anger? For what? Helping him? This demon kid should be at least grateful I was here. "Ang tagal mong dumating"

Just what now?

Bago paman pumutok ang butsi ko sa sinabi niya, huminga ako ng malalim sabay harap sakanya. Pinasok ko uli sa mga lalagyanan ang mga kutsilyo ko. "Pangalan mo nga uli?"