29: Broken Glass

The city was a mess when we arrived. There were bodies running around, jumping, lunging as their blades and talons collided with bones and weapons. Noises that were either too high or too low were emerging from every area. I kicked an already unidentifiable face back to the ground when it was trying to scurry its way up. Almost screaming when it suddenly seized my ankle, a dagger was dug into its skull in less than a second. But all it did was to have it release me. It didn't do any damage.

I heard the continuous cracking of bones and saw that the Pack was already trying to fight the ones closing in on us. There was no end to it as the enemies tried to get closer and closer. Each time one was beaten down, it would only take them a few seconds to have their bones reattached. The demons nearby tried to help us but I commanded them to evacuate those who were in dire need to be evacuated first. They were fast to comprehend the order that it wasn't needed to be repeated twice.

The disgusted expression on Kaimana's face as she shoved a water blade down the enemy's throat was already indicating she was irritated with having to deal with dead people who stubbornly kept on standing back up despite the attack they'd received head-on.

Tartarus crushed a skull between his hands, also getting frustrated. "Alam niyo, mas mabuti pang sunugin niyo na ang mga ito para matapos na"

Killian gave out orders and we ended up splitting into pairs. Sumama ako kay Vlad kasi kailangan niya ng tagabantay sakanyang likuran habang inaasikaso niya ang barrier ng Azura City. While Tartarus's energy explosives could also create fire, Radu's ice was tasked to freeze the ones circulating in his area until Arius finishes eradicating the ones around his.

"There must be someone controlling the dead" Ika ni Vlad habang may ginuguhit itong symbolo sa sahig gamit ng sariling dugo. We were at the gates of the City. He said it was easier for him to do his job here. "Kung wala siya dito ngayon, nasa labas siya ng barrier ko"

Binato ko ang mga hawak hawak kong kutsilyo sa mga tumangkang lumapit. Kahit pa'y alam kong wala itong kwentang atake, ginawa ko pa 'rin. "Is our barrier breached?"

"No. Not yet"

Yet. Not yet.

"Anong gagawin mo?" Nauubusan na ako ng mga kutsilyo dito. I clicked my tongue, and stole a quick glance at Vlad over my shoulder.

We were being flocked now. It would only take the enemies a few more steps to completely locked us in.

"Strengthening the barrier. They've breached our barrier twice now, and twice I rearranged my barrier's system" To someone who didn't know Vlad, they wouldn't have guessed he was upset right now. "They have someone who is as capable as that. I cannot be overpowered thrice now. It will be a shame to my king and to my comrades"

Bahagya akong napangisi sa sinabi niya. "How much time do you need?"

"Hindi ako sigurado"

I flicked my power inside as though I was making fire with stones. There was a loud bang to my right. Followed by another. And another. Looks like someone was being too aggressive. Flexing my fingers and relaxing my muscles, I was cold and hot at the same time. My limbs, my head--- everything was numb for a quick second before I felt the familiar heat in my stomach, the sensitivity of my senses.

Light could burn.

I could be fire if I wanted to.

It didn't take long for me to release light like I was throwing daggers. When the dead weren't bothered by my light I figured they weren't able to see, but then a blanket of my power was wielded before them, enveloping them wholly, eating them.