12: Sin of Sloth

Sin of Sloth. Isrion Quinn.

Hindi ko tuloy alam kung swerte ba ako at mismong mga Sins na ang nagpapakita saakin o dapat ba akong matakot at lapitin ako ng mga demonyo?

From where Isrion was standing, it was too dark for me to see him clearly but not so that I wouldn't be able to make out his figure. Casmonoran, that snake tattoo around his throat, I wouldn't be able to tell if it was scaring me or glaring at me with those glinting eyes in the shadows.

Hindi ko binaba ang kutsilyo at tinignan uli ang mga demonyo sa paligid. Kagagawan ito ni Isrion. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, hindi ito ang kanyang kapangyarihan. Meaning, this must be the Sloth's magic.

Freezing? There was no ice. Turning them into stone? They weren't turned to stone. The idea was there but not completely. Think, Sahar. What could the magic be?

"Relax, princess, wala akong planong saktan ka" a subtle movement from him— my eyes narrowed— another movement from the right, my dagger found its way to the— "Easy, Sahar. You don't want to kill an innocent demon"

Tumaas ang isang kilay ko ng mapansin kong dumiretso ang aking kutsilyo sa pader. When I was certain I would have dug it deep into someone's chest, it didn't. That target moved again and this time, I almost cringed at the sight of a demon moving in an odd way. The hair on my nape stood on its end as I perceived what was happening. When he lifted his arm, it looked like it was the heaviest thing in the world, no better when the demon took a step toward me as though anytime, it would fall onto the ground, faced-first.

This is creepy.

The demon mechanically pulled a chair for me, his movements were those of a puppet being controlled by its puppeteer. Or was it really that way to begin with?

My head turned in Isrion's direction, squinting my eyes. At nakita kong bahagya ngang ginagalaw ni Isrion ang kanyang mga daliri.

The Sloth's magic.

Upon the newly found information, one corner of my lips curled upward, almost like a sneer. The Sin of Sloth would be too lazy to do anything it'd rather let others do things for him. Controlling everyone like a puppet— turning everyone into a puppet to do things for him was a very unique way to describe just how lazy this sin was.

Binigyan ko muna ng huling tingin ang demonyong pinaghila ako ng upuan bago ako umupo. Pinag-krus ko ang aking mga kamay't papa at tinignan ng diretso si Isrion, na ngayon ay lumapit, humila ng upuan sa mismong harapan ko at umupo dito. I pulled out a dagger and placed it on the table beside me to put him under the impression I wasn't here to fool around. Judging by the way his eyes followed my hand movement as I did it, I would assumed he understood me.

It was getting creepier each second passed, being aware there were tons of eyes watching--- even though they were all paralyzed and controlled--- was never a comfortable situation. If Isrion delighted in such atmospheres, I wouldn't even try to compete.

Wala akong planong makipagtitigan sakanya dito kaya ako na ang bumasag sa katahimikan. "Hindi ako mag a-assume na nandito ka para lang makita ako?"

Took him at least 20 seconds to say a word. This demon was too busy eye-fucking me I was close to sticking my knife deep into his gut.

"I saw you and thought to pay you a visit"

"You saw me?"

"Uhuh" He nodded, lips widening into a grin after seeing me trying to puzzle out his explanation, "You're smart. Come, think"

Huh. He really thought I'd do him a favor. I was beyond tired and yes, thinking was too much of an effort for me to do. There were more important things to think about than this one. Kaya mas pinili ko na lang ibahin ang topic, "Una kong nakita ay si Erebus. Sunod naman ay ikaw. Let me guess, you don't plan to be hunted down, no?"