44: Ocean's Armada

Scorpio Chrysias of the seven was lost. Mentally. Emotionally. The distress was growing inside of him ever since he boarded one of his brother's ships with a mortal prince's and a former dragon king's presence beside him. If he had known saving lives was accompanied with a lot of considerations and planning, he would have accepted death sweetly. He had killed thousandths of souls, would it matter if he'd annihilate one of his? It was easier to kill than to save. It was easier to destroy than to build. Easier to sink a ship than to keep it floating above the surface.

The Amadeus's fleet was bigger, more formidable, more warriors on board. The enemies have followed them with the sole purpose of destroying them. They, on the other hand, they have civilians with them. These demons were no strangers to battle, nor they were in fighting, but they were less trained compared to these Amadeus's warriors. Less experienced. Less knowledgeable. Less skilled. They were a burden to him. To the Severus's forces. He'd hated the thought of saving them. But he didn't want them to die at least. Maybe because he was born to be a part of it—-part of the Seven Deadly Sins—- deep inside him, he had this protective side when it comes to his people.

They had been engaging in battle for 24 hours now and unfortunately, they were the ones having a hard time. Because of the mortal prince's brain, they have managed to outrun the enemies without sacrificing any ships of the civilians. For the first 3 hours though, they have lost 2 ships carrying the warriors of Severus. One was sunken. The other one was taken over by the enemies.

Scorch didn't like the idea of evacuating the demons to Ramuel. Still, when he thought of it a little longer—- when he tried digging into the context of it, he realized his brother had only done this because the Emperor had information about Severus's land map. Aside from the fact his brother's warriors were limited, and it would have been an endless protecting of civilians if he had let them stay in Severus until the war was over, Midnight had no other way to protect his demons but send them away to be protected by another kingdom. Whom his brother was certain the Emperor wouldn't dare engage in a battle with.

It was a risk to evacuate them but it was riskier for these civilians to stay in Severus. Lalo pa't walang nakakaalam kung kailan matatapos 'tong gyera na ito. But who knows, baka may ibang plano nanaman ang kapatid niya.

"It would only take a few more hours for the enemies to catch up. We have barely managed to escape in order to divert their attention from the other ships, barely able to send out a messenger without getting caught. Hindi pa tayo nakakasigurado kung kailan dadating ang tulong" Prince Caleb pointed out with a stoic expression on his face. They have been inside the captain's office, discussing tactics and other issues they needed to deal with.

Prince Caleb, when he first saw him, he had always worn an expression so warm in the eyes but whenever the prince looked at him, the warmness vanishes in a snap of a finger. Hindi na siya magtataka kung bakit. Malaki ang kasalanan niya sa taong ito. He didn't care though. Kung hindi lang siguro dahil sa mangkukulam na iyon ay baka sinugod na siya ng mortal nung una pa lang. The mortal prince wasn't doing any good with the former dragon king also.

Them three, in one roof—- a big no. But it seemed like Sahar Hades Mondrantoa had her way with words and managed to keep them in check even with her absence before them. Scorch had his reasons. Surely it was the same with the other two.

"Kaya ko pang mag ibang anyo sa oras na makahabol sila saatin. But we cannot deny their magic users are strong. You need to make a way to keep them off my tail as I sink down the other ships" Eliseo was in a disastrous state with his clothes all worn out from fighting and transforming. The dragon was their asset, considering the fact he was the biggest predator in the air. Humihingal hingal pa ito, kakagaling lang sa labanan.