62: A Coven of Warriors

They found Charlotte a few minutes later. Her face was smeared with gore all over and her hands were trembling more compared to the others. Sahar presumed the rough cut on the side of her head was the reason. Almost half of her pixie-cut hair was gone and she was breathing as hard as everyone else. Not five minutes after they crossed paths with Ryon and Elliot, who had the same rough situation.

It was Pandora who found Sahar and the others. Shouting Sahar's name over and over again as though she was a lost child and Sahar was her mom. Sahar kept to herself and thanked the Triple Goddess for keeping Pandora safe. Sa likod ni Pandora, naroon nakasunod sina Makayla at Acey.

It took them longer to find the others but when they did, Zarax was with Ophelia, Arabella, and Nym—- who were all in the midst of surviving their way out of chaos with heaving chests.

For a few seconds, they had their little moment of relief. Seeing each other, safe and sound. They were all wounded, bathed in gore, but still breathing.

Still breathing.

Better. Good, Sahar thought.

Everyone's here. Still here. Good. Good.

"I'm going to assume we're going to kill one of those—-" hinihingal na sambit ni Acey sabay turo sa mga Higante. "—- kaya tayo nagtipon muli ngayon?"

Enemies. Left and right. Front and rear.

They were no other choice but to move.

Sahar clicked her tongue in the midst of it all. Could they at least have a minute?

"Oh, Simphia" She heard Elliot's deep sigh.

"So anong plano natin?" Pasigaw na tanong ni Pandora. "We have a plan, right? Right?" Then came the panic in her voice.

There wasn't a plan.

Sahar was not prepared to face the Giants. No one was. There wasn't a single scenario in her head she'd be dealing with this kind of enemy.

But she didn't say that out loud.

Ano pa nga ba ang magagawa nila kundi tanggapin na lamang ang sitwasyon? If they acted scared now, what was even the point of everything?

Sahar cleared her own path and signaled the other witches to follow her. The nearer they got to the Giants, the fewer the Amadeus warriors were. It was easier to focus on the Giants without worrying about these warriors attacking them from their blindspots, these warriors were horrified to get too close. But the risk was definitely higher for her and the coven.

"Sahar?" Kinakabahan na tawag sakanya ni Piper.

"Naalala niyo pa ba kung paano tayo manghuli ng mga mababangis na hayop sauna?" Sahar told them, "Ganon lang din ang gagawin natin ngayon"

"Animals and Giants are two different creatures!" Sahar sensed the stress in Ryon's voice.

Hindi niya nilingon ang mga kaibigan. "Both can be preyed" she said without so much as flinching. "We'll do that kind of set up"

"Simphia simphia simphia simphia" Si Pandora.

"Back me up" Sahar concluded. "We'll aim for the eyes"

There was a pause before she heard the loud sighs and "Aye!"

"We good, Her Majesty?" Sahar asked Zarax, her hands moving around her body— securing every single weapon she had —- without diverting her attention at the target in front. "Nasayo parin ang huling salita"

The Black Witch Queen only gave her a cunning grin, "Do as you please"

"Coven leader?"

"I'm good" Sagot sakanya ni Nym. "Kami bahala sayo. Just aim for the eyes"