3: After Dinner

The dinner was supposed to be okay if it weren't for Midnight's intense gazes on me as if I was a prey he'd intended to watch all night long. Kung katabi ko lang siya, sinipa ko na siya ng paulit ulit sa ilalim ng lamesa. But Killian sat on his right while Tatiana on his left. Pansin ko pang hinintay niya akong umupo sa isang dulo, kung saan talaga ako nakapwesto--- that was the seat I've taken to myself despite the demon tradition saying only a Demon Queen was allowed to sit opposite the King to symbolize equality between the couple. I've sat on that chair only because I didn't want to be near Midnight and to at least convey to him that regardless of his ownership to me with the blood oath, I was still my own person. Capable of making my own choices.

But now, with an outsider dining with us, with his fiancee, soon to be his wife and queen of the demons, I thought it was best to avoid the chair that she would be using weeks from now.

Though, I could tell Midnight wasn't pleased I didn't sit in my usual place. I liked that he wasn't pleased. Good to see that I was the one causing him displeasure.

"Pinagkakatiwalaan mo siguro ng sobra sobra ang mate mo para ibigay sakanya ang mga mahihirap na trabaho ng isang reyna" May malambot na ngiti sa labi ni Tatiana ng sabihin niya ito sa kalagitnaan ng pagkakain.

Bahagya akong tumango, "Between mates, malalaman mo kung hindi mo mapagkakatiwalaan ang mate mo. In my case, I know I can trust Ravi with all my life"

Someone made a snorting sound. Too subtle to be heard. But it was enough for me to hear it. Midnight must have intentionally snorted my way.

"I like the dragon" Ika naman ni Arius sabay kindat saakin. "Kahit ako ay may tiwala 'rin sa lalakeng iyon"

Nakita kong tumango tango ang buong Pack. Kahit si Vlad. And there I sensed that they were only doing that to tease Midnight.

They've been teasing their king when the dinner had started. I have placed myself between Killian and Radu--- no, let me correct that: Killian made me sit beside him. Radu then occupied the seat next to me with the friskiest grin playing on his face.

The teasing started with that, I guessed. Because Midnight had his eyes on us that instance. And the look on his face wasn't at all friendly. One look at the Pack and you'd knew they were liking the hard look on our King's face. 

Like was an understatement. They were loving it. Killian's actions supported that because not long after the dinner began, he played with my fingers when he got the chance. And Radu, Simphia, the vampire prince started feeding me.

"A queen shouldn't bother herself with cutlery when she has someone to act as one for her" He had sensually, teasingly, whimsically said to the others.

And because the Pack was an idiot to anger their king, they all nodded in agreement in Radu's ridiculous attempt to annoy Midnight.

And also because I was stupid too to play along, now I found myself being catered to by Radu and being touched by Killian.

Not a bad thing, though. Nope. Not at all.

Inuubos ko na ang mga kinuha kong fruit tarts ng may maramdaman akong mali sa balat ni Killian. Malamig siya. Lumalamig. Kunot noo akong napalingon dito at saktong nakita ko siyang nagmura. Binitawan niya ang aking kamay sabay pinanlinsikan ng mata si Midnight. Roon ko lang napansin na namumutla si Killian.

Si Midnight lang naman ang may kakayahan na kontrolin ang mga dugo namin.

Pati si Radu sa kabilang gilid ko ay biglang umubo.

Midnight took a long sip on his wine, eyes lingering over Killian and Radu.

I rolled my eyes.