59: Change of Atmosphere

The last thing Sahar would expect the Emperor would do was to gather the Giants and utilize them in war. She only ever heard stories about the tribe. The tribe who almost wiped the witches' existence from this world. Her eyes bore in front. What stood before her was a group of Giants. Not more than 15. Huge as mountains. Beastly in their forms. Skin thick as steel. Something inside her recoiled, and she didn't like it. Her natural instincts told her to back away. To run. Every nerve in her body told her she wouldn't stand a chance.

She couldn't do that.

Yielding was one thing she could never do.

She had done everything to survive. What reason was there for her to back down now?

She gripped her dagger tighter just so she could ignore the fear dwelling inside her. Hindi siya pwedeng matakot ngayon. Madaming umaasa sakanya.

Nilingon niya ang coven sa likod. Ramdam na ramdam niya ang takot ng bawat isa. Looking at them now, she was reminded why she yearned to be part of a coven. To be part of the official army of Hekate, the Black Luna Witches since then.

She wanted to be a true warrior.

She wanted to fight alongside her co-witches.

She needed a hand. Because sometimes fighting alone drained her.

Sahar stared at them, unyielding. "May the Tripple Goddess bestow the power of the everlasting moon upon us"

She watched them closely. The aroma of fear was slowly fading as they all nodded and gripped their weapons tighter, as though to find strength and comfort in them.

Nym stood beside her. Without giving her a look, the coven leader patted her back once. "When the dark sleeps, the moon awakes"

Simphia, protect them.

"And so the witches come to play" They all recited simultaneously.

Hindi makapaniwala si Cayden sa nakikita niya sakanyang harapan ngayon. Noon bata pa siya, isang beses lamang niya narinig ang kwento tungkol sa mga Higante. He was never the child who liked stories back then. Stories for him were made-up fantasies, unless there were clear evidences it really happened. Caleb was the one who was into these kind of things. It was his brother who listened with glinting eyes and an open heart.

It made its skin crawl.

To witness such events unfold before him.

Humigpit ang hawak niya sakanyang sandata. He had been using raw strength and magic since the beginning of the war. Unlike the immortals, his body was weaker and more fragile. He disliked the thought he could already feel his body sag from being too weary. The stung at the edge of his eyes as smoke and debris scatter in the air. The aching friction of his muscles as he kept on moving and moving. No matter how capable he was to kill the enemies, he was still human. A mortal.

He needed to be clever in using his energy if he wanted to last longer.

Tumalikod siya at aakmang babalik na sa pakikipaglaban ng saktong paglingon niya ay may katawan na bumagsak sakanyang harapan. Pagtingin niya dito ay may tama na ng palaso ang kalaban sa ulo.

The arrow wasn't the typical one. It was made of ice. As if on cue, his body reacted to its energy. He turned around to find the owner of the ice arrow and saw the vampire a few meters away from his current place. Lumingon sakanya ang bampira at tumango.

"Don't stop moving, Your Majesty" He recognized the frisky movements of the vampire. Cayden heeded Radu's advice even though he already knew just that.