63: The Queen's General

Midnight had read about the Giants. He had researched about them. Studied them during his younger days. He remembered wanting one. He yearned to have one. He needed to experiment them and satisfy his thirst.

Yes. That was the missing part. The experiment. Midnight never bothered. He wanted one but he had no motivation to look for them in every part of this damned world.

But the Emperor did it for him.

Oh, how joyous it was for the Midnight Zagreus to finally see one of the Legendary Tribes.

Akala niya ulo lamang ng Emperor ang maiuuwi niya ngayon. May iuuwi 'rin pala siyang ulo ng Higante.

His hands were itching.

His mind started to imagine all the things he'd do to the dead body of a Giant.

Now, he just needed to kill one.

How do I kill one?

Patay ang mga mata ni Midnight nakatingin sa harapan, kung saan naroon ang isang Higante. Pinagmamasdan niya itong gumalaw at kung paano ito pumatay. All the while letting the warriors around him protect him from the enemies.

Oh, he didn't ask them to. Pinili niya lamang pagmasdan muna ang mga Higante nang mapansin niyang pinoprotektahan na siya ng kanyang mga mandirigma.

The rain made him cold.

Midnight was tired. He knew to himself his movements were starting to get sluggish. But just like the old days, it was never an option to show weariness.

Sa mga oras na pinapanood niya ang higante sa harapan, sinubukan na niyang kontrolin ang dugo nito. Ngunit kagaya nga ng hula niya, hindi ganoon kadali. He did try other ways but still, it all failed.

Mas mapapadali ang kanyang trabaho kung makikita niya ang loob nito. Midnight only needed to see and study the bloodflow of their bodies. It would certainly take him some time but he'd figure it all out by then.

It would be easier for him to kill one.

Midnight reached for his bow from behind, eyes still in front. Gumawa ito ng palaso gamit ng sariling dugo sabay lagay nito sa pana. The Giant in front seemed to be a warrior a millennium older than him based from the way it moved. It wasn't that hard to distinguish a traditional fighter from a naive one. Midnight wanted to test the waters.

The Demon King released the blood arrow.

It went through the harsh wind and rain—- only to be sensed by the Giant and avoided it at the last second.

Nandidilim ang mga mata ng Higante nang lumingon ito kay Midnight. Galit na galit ang pagmumukha. It bellowed something loud.

And ran.

Towards him.

Umangat lamang ang dalawang kilay ni Midnight.

Sa laki ng higante, mga limang hakbang lamang ang kailangan nitong gawin para maabutan siya.

"Wow. Nailagan niya atake mo ng ganon ganon lang? Tumatanda ka na ata?"

Familiar presence suddenly appeared around him and yet he still chose not to avert his attention from the Giant.

"Sinadya ko," Midnight answered, pulling out another one of his blood arrows. "Erebus"

The second arrow hit the Giant's knee in the blink of an eye, causing it to buckle and—-

Four of the brothers suddenly emerged right in front of the Giant, who was supposed to only lose his balance but instead was transported by the four brothers away.