17: Azura City

Duguan kaming dalawa ni Ravi pagbalik namin sa lupa. Ang dugo na nakuha namin mula sa pagpapatay ng mga mandirigma ay hindi nawala nung bumalik kami sa orihinal naming anyo. The city was a disaster, and no it wasn't because the enemies were given another chance to ruin the already ruined city, the Severus's warriors have turned ballistic towards the enemies. Hence, the chaos.

The streets were flooded with debris of all sizes, broken roofs, shattered glasses, crushed cements.

At least the so-called school was still standing.

I could no longer want to know if either Midnight would be happy that we have caused the city more damage than the ones who ought to do it in the first place. We were simply following orders. Eradicated the enemies with our highest execution of strength.

What we didn't want to see were the bodies.

Bago kami bumalik sa palasyo ay tahimik naming kinuha ang mga bangkay. Wagons were brought by the other warriors to make things easier for us. Killian and Tartarus were fast to hand out instructions, and in shared silence, we retrieved each body around the city. The death toll didn't reach a hundred but the heaviness in the atmosphere felt as though we'd lost millions.

Injured demons were immediately assisted by the healers who were present in the area. Those who were gravely injured were teleported to the palace. Pinuntahan ko pa ang mga bata para makasiguradong okay lang silang lahat. Locky had a huge grin on his face when he'd spotted me, that grin was most definitely a grin of proudness. For him or for whatever, I wasn't certain. But he was safe. They were safe. Nothing else mattered.

Habang mas tumatagal, parating ng parating lamang ang mga mandirigma upang bigyan tignan ang buong syudad. Kung matutuloy pa ba ang Demon Festival, iyon ang hindi ko alam. Demons might slouch at the idea of halting the festival but once they'd witnessed what happened to the city, they might redirect their anger towards the enemies. Which, in my honest opinion would be great leverage in the war. They would be ignorant no more. This disaster had allowed Midnight to show his own people the truth. This revealed who the real enemies were. An eye-opener.

We're at war. The message. Only those fools would think Amadeus's raid was no more than a misunderstanding between two kingdoms. No one would dare attack The Midnight Zagreus for futile reasons. What happened tonight wasn't a misunderstanding. This was intentional. And the demons would know that.

The Pack was already giving out food and water to the civilians when someone arrived.

That someone wasn't really an important guest.

Nor was she needed in a place like this.

Tatiana was escorted by five sentinels as she entered the evacuation site. Squared shoulders, blonde hair tied into a bun, posture elegant. Not a drop of blood on that white dress. But she wore no pieces of jewelry either. Her bright eyes scanned the entire area as though she didn't know where to look first. With an aura like that, an invisible line was drawn between her and us. While her surroundings looked dead, she was the opposite of it. A flower in the middle of a withering garden. The last thing I wanted to witness was the sorrow that clouded her vision as she took in the situation.

Si Arius na nasa gilid ko ay bumulong sa tenga ko.

"Bakit hinayaan ni Zagreus na pumunta 'yan dito?" 

Busy ako sa pag bibigay ng mga tubig sa mga demonyo habang si Arius naman ang may buhat buhat sa balde ng tubig. Si Kaimana at Ravi ang nagluluto. Yung mga natirang lalake naman, sina Killian, Tartarus, Vlad, at Radu ay paikot-ikot lamang sa site. Kinakausap siguro ang mga demonyo. Pinapagaan ang mga loob.