034

"Okay, back up." Felix spoke softly as we were trying our best to not wake up Jeongin. "You think someone intentionally hit you? Twice?" I only nodded, not knowing what to say. I know it sounds crazy but it's the only thing that makes sense...

I mean, am I supposed to believe that some random person just so happened to be following me for a while and then accidentally pushed me out into traffic? And then that someone just so happened to not be paying attention and hit me? I can't believe that. I just can't.

"Hyung, are you sure? Because if you go to the police with this, and you turn out to be wrong? You could get into big trouble." "I know...I just don't know who would want to do such a thing."

Felix bit his lip, "Raein?" "But you said he's been locked up in that hospital for a while now." "He has been. I check almost every day. But he has friends, connections. Maybe he's still sour and somehow hired a hit?" It's possible. Crazy, but possible. "That sounds even crazier, Felix." "Do you have anything better?"

"Better for what?" We both jumped at the sound of Jeongin's voice, my eyes softening as they landed on the sleepy little boy standing at the bottom of the staircase, Oliver hanging down by his side. "It's nothing, Baby Boy. Let's get you back to bed, okay?" As I stood up to take him back up to bed, he shook his head, eyes glossing over.

"What aren't you telling me?" Glancing behind me at Felix, he just shrugged, sighing softly before coming to stand by the two of us. "Jeongin, you wanna come sit down?" The younger nodded, taking Felix's hand before they both sat on the couch. I took my seat beside my boyfriend, resting my hand on his thigh before Felix started speaking.

"Hyung thinks that someone intentionally hit him, that the accident wasn't an accident." Jeongin sat there, staring at Felix, not speaking a single word before finally speaking up. "But who would do such a thing?"

Felix glanced at me before his eyes landed back on the younger. "Raein." Jeongin tensed at the name, clearly becoming uncomfortable at the mention of the monster. "But he's...locked up." Jeongin turned to face me, his eyes brimming with tears. "There has to be another explanation. Maybe it was just a freak accident."

Before Felix or I could speak any further, there was a knocking on the door. Why does everyone insist on coming to our house? Unannounced at that. I went to open the door, revealing our very kind neighbors. "Hi!"

"Hi, San. Hi, Wooyoung. What can we do for you guys?" "Well we actually realized that we never got your names, and we felt horrible." I chuckled softly, turning around to motion for Jeongin to come to the door.

As he approached, I smiled warmly at the two boys. "My name is Chan and this is my boyfriend, Jeongin." "Hi, Chan. Hi, Jeongin." A huge smile erupted on their faces as they turned to face Jeongin, their eyes locking on the bear in his arms.

"That's such a cute bear! What's its name?" "Oliver." Jeongin whispered, his free arm wrapping around mine.

Felix walked closer, resting his hands on Jeongin's shoulders. "Hi, I'm Chan's brother, Felix." "Hi, Felix." They both spoke in unison, which was slightly creepy.

Felix mumbled that he was gonna take Jeongin, knowing the younger was uncomfortable around new people. I nodded, smiling softly as they walked away. "We're having a barbeque Saturday night, you guys are more than welcome to join us." San spoke, wrapping his arm around Wooyoung, who seemed to melt into his embrace. "That'd be really nice, thank you." They both waved goodbye, walking back to their house.

After closing the door, I went to search for my boyfriend and brother. Finding them outside with Berry made my heart flutter at how cute the sight was. As I joined them in the back yard, Felix's phone went off, causing the boy to sigh.

Jeongin and I watched as he answered his phone, a blank expression on his face. He hummed in response before hanging the phone up, the sound of someone yelling being cut off.

"Is everything okay, Lixie?" Jeongin questioned softly, earning a smile from his best friend. "Changbin and I are having a bit of an argument." "Over what?"

"He doesn't like that I'm constantly with Jeongin. He says I'm over here too much. Which is weird because he used to be perfectly fine with it. I don't know what happened." The younger sighed, clearly upset about the situation. That is kind of weird.

"Lixie, please don't let me be the reason you and Binnie break up." Jeongin pouted, tears brimming his eyes. "I told him when we first got together that you come first and if he didn't like it he could walk. So if he has a problem with it all of a sudden, that's his problem, not mine. Plus," he paused, turning to face me.

"I've been over here so much lately because I want to make sure you're okay and doing fine. You're my big brother, I want to make sure you're okay." I smiled softly at him, loving how caring Felix was. "Maybe just sit down and talk to him about it. He might be going through something and taking it out on your relationship without realizing it." He nodded, letting out a soft sigh. "Okay, Hyung."

Felix told us he was going to go talk to Changbin now, not wanting to let things get too bad. We both bid the boy goodbye, Jeongin hugging Felix before he left.

"Daddy?" Jeongin questioned as soon as the door closed, his head hung low as he played with Oliver's paws. "Yes, Baby Boy?" "You don't really think Raein hired a hit, do you?" I bit my lip, not really knowing the answer to that. I lifted Jeongin's chin up, our eyes locking before I smiled softly. "I'm not sure, Baby, I think I'll have to talk to a few people about it tomorrow. But," I took his hand in mine, giving it a soft squeeze.

"You didn't get much sleep, so I think we should go take a nap." Jeongin only nodded, following me as I lead us up to our bedroom. As we both crawled under the covers, I held the little boy close to my body, sighing in content once we both got comfortable. "Goodnight, Baby Boy." "We're napping, Daddy. It's not night time, it's 5 in the morning." He giggled, snuggling closer to my chest. "Still, this is bedtime for us right now. So, goodnight." "Goodnight, Daddy."