043

It was nearing nighttime and everyone was exhausted after being awake for so long. Minho and Jisung fell asleep on the couch while Hyunjin and Seungmin retired to the dungeon. We thought it would be best to allow the vanilla couple to sleep in there, knowing they wouldn't get too excited about it and try something. We hope. Felix and Changbin fell asleep on the couch in Jeongin's office, cuddling up to each other like a couple of puppies trying to keep warm.

"Daddy?" "Yes, Baby Boy?" "Why is everyone staying over again?" "Well..." I was trying to think of a way to lie to the little boy, not wanting him to become frightened. "It's just a long sleepover. Like when you would stay days with Felix, remember?"

He nodded, fumbling with his sweater. "It's not because of him, is it?" "What do you mean, Baby?" "Raein? Its not because of him, right?" I sighed, "No, Baby. It's not. He's still in the hospital, remember?" He only nodded, taking my hand in his. "We go to bed now?" "Of course, Baby."

Jeongin and I went to lay down, Berry resting at our feet. The younger got comfortable, snuggling up to my chest. "Daddy?" "Yes, Baby?" "You don't have to protect me, you know?" "What do you mean, Baby?"

Jeongin looked up at me, smiling softly. "I know you're worried about me. Rightfully so. But you don't have to hide things because you think it'll hurt me. I'm a big boy, I can handle the truth." I nodded, placing a kiss to his forehead. "Okay, Baby. I'll be honest with you about the situation." "Thank you."

Silence fell over the both of us, over the whole house, and for the first time in a while, everything sounded peaceful. That was, until there was a knocking on the door. Groaning I got up from the bed and headed downstairs, passing Felix on my way down. "Go wait with Jeongin, please." He nodded, him and Changbin running to the little boy in the bedroom.

As I opened the door, I was met with officer Jeong. He looked a little shocked, a little in pain too. "Officer? How can I hel-" He fell forward, and as I caught him, that's when I felt it. The cold and sticky substance of blood.

I quickly pulled the wounded officer into the house, slamming the door shut and locking it. "Help!" Soon, all of the guys were running downstairs. Felix quickly pulled Jeongin into his embrace, holding his head away from the sight as he gasped.

"Someone call the police." Changbin fumbled for his phone, immediately dialing the station. "No, he's been shot. No, please. Please help." Changbin turned towards me, nodding his head, signaling that help was on the way.

Jeongin broke free from Felix, who was desperately trying to hold onto the younger. As soon as Jeongin saw the scene, he fell to his knees. His eyes filled with water before it started streaming down his face. "Baby, go back upstairs." His eyes slowly trailed to mine before he shook his head. "Baby, please."

Officer Jeong coughed, startling all of us. "Minho, go get a towel or something." He nodded, running off to fetch a towel. "Please..." Officer Jeong mumbled, barely above a whisper. "Pain...so much..." "I'm so sorry." I whispered, wondering if we could maybe try to stop the bleeding enough until help arrived. He was bleeding a lot, so I wasn't too sure.

Minho arrived back with a towel, concern written on his face. Taking it from him, I apologized to the wounded officer, "This is going to hurt, I'm sorry." I pressed the towel to his back side, putting as much pressure as possible. He winced but was too weak to react.

"Danger...you're all...in danger..." "What do you mean?" Hyunjin whispered, leaning in closer.

We could hear sirens in the distance and I was praying to every God that they were speeding so they could save the officer lying on our floor.

"He...He's here." "Who's he?" "Raein." Jeongin mumbled, a blank expression on his face. It can't be him...He's still locked up...right?

The sirens sounded so loud as multiple police cars sat outside the house with first responders on their tail. "Seungmin, open the door." The younger nodded, opening the door to reveal multiple officers and a couple first responders approaching the house.

Officer Jeong weakly glanced at his coworker, the man from the other day, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Hey..." "Don't talk. We're gonna get you out of here." The officer looked up at all of us, doing a headcount. A confused look became evident on his face as he counted again. "Why are there nine of you?"