Suspicion

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED SINCE MY LAST UPDATE?! MY READ COUNT JUST INCREASED BY 1K!!!

Mild 🍋

~~~

Three days in and Izuku hated to admit it, but Bakugo was a really good coach!

And... maybe he liked him a little bit?

But wait, what's his progress in training? Well, Izuku has taken Bakugo's lessons into account and has trained his focus on counter attacks rather than attacks. It was later on their first day training together that he was made a laughing stock after he'd instantly stopped a commanded attack on Kirishima. It was a punch that barely grazed his shoulder and Kirishima, being in a strange daydream state, hardly noticed it, only then realising once he heard laughter.

However, Izuku took his training seriously. He was fortunate to have access to the gym and the kitchen where he could ask for food and have it cooked almost immediately. His diet had increased, but only by a bit. Today, he'd stomached a slice of toast for breakfast and some fish and salad for lunch. It was a lot, compared to him having one meal a day. He worked out as much as he could do as well, almost any time he wasn't eating, sleeping or training with Bakugo. He was determined and the first one and a half days he'd been focusing on his arms, starting with small weights, with the 1kg ones putting a strain to his arm, and working his way up to more heavier ones. He wasn't quite up to the density of muscle Kaminari had, but it was a start.

It was halfway through his second day that an old man known as Gran Torino had told him that he was being an idiot. Apparently the crone had been watching him ever since he'd gotten there and was quite 'appalled' with his approach. He was the one who told him to "Stop being an All Might by punching shit" and to focus on the more muscular parts of his body. It didn't take long for Izuku to understand what he was talking about, and so started working with his legs.

Today, Izuku had noticed something with Bakugo.

During this particular training session, he'd paid attention to what Bakugo did. His hunch - Bakugo was being a little bit... handsy.

It was another session with the punching bag, and Izuku was focusing on his arms once again. The training for his legs, with Gran Torino's help, remained a secret.

"You need to first get into a stable stance," Bakugo says, pacing slowly around the marked circle. "Your feet should be shoulder width apart."

Izuku quickly trains his eyes to where his shoed feet stood, shuffling his back leg towards him slightly.

"You want to be at an angle to your target."

He checks himself again, pivoting around his left leg slightly. He sort of gets it now! If he angles himself like this, he could swing his right arm back further and generate more momentum to gain mor-

"Oi shut the fuck up!"

He presses his lips shut.

"Angling yourself like that will do you no good. You can't see your opponent and, after you swing, it will leave you off balance. Lucky shot, if you hit your target, but will you be ready for the next attack?"

And the first of touches. The stroke of his calf followed by a strong nudge that brought his right leg more to the right of his left one. That meant he could see the punching back and was noticeably in a more stable position.

"You have to maintain eye contact with your target. At least have a sight of them. You need to swiftly come into this position - no point in giving a shit if it takes you ten seconds, you need to be quick. Bent your knees slightly as well." And Izuku does so, finding comfort relatively quickly.