The Dance

Dance Hall is occupied tonight ;D

~~~

"Kirishima?"

The red-headed Alpha jumps a little out of his skin, walking back from the hospital. His mate had woken a few days ago, and he was glad that he was still his cheery self. Well, after smouldering him in tears. But back to the voice he'd heard from the earpiece he'd forgotten to take off earlier.

"Yeah, Kendo?" he responds to the Beta on the other side, a little concerned with the mixture of fear and nervousness he'd picked up from her voice.

"Could I get you over to Bakugo's room?" she asks hesitantly. "Something... happened..."

He breaks into a brisk walk.

"I'll be right there!"

~~~

"What the-"

"Dunno what the fuck was wrong with me! I just got so caught up in the moment! And he said yes?!"

The door to Bakugo's room was firmly kept shut, Kendo having run off long ago as soon as her saviour had waltz through those doors. Bakugo lay helplessly on his bed, staring up at the ceiling in dismay, hoping that everything he'd done that day was a dream. Not to mention that it was nearly the evening, and he had no courage to get up and actually get dressed.

"Isn't that a good-"

"NO!" he practically screams. "It's hardly been a month since he found out he'd lost basically everything! How could I ask him to dance with me? And why the fuck did he say yes?!"

Kirishima, who was thoroughly entertained, remained perched on the edge of the bed, patting Bakugo's shoulder reassuringly. The Alpha was throwing pillows and trashing his cupboard earlier - luckily no maids were allowed in there so the work wouldn't be their job!

"Maybe because he likes you? I-I mean you two have been getting a lot closer recently!"

And Kirishima was only giving facts. The Omega was almost as head-over-heels for Bakugo, and there was no way the Alpha didn't reciprocate those feelings just as much. He couldn't either overlook the multiple occasions he'd caught the two either strolling through the flower garden or strolling into each other's rooms, perhaps at the library as well, reading books and sitting at a closeness that was borderline-intimate. He was more surprised that Bakugo hadn't yet advanced on the Omega for something intimate! Normally, he would've done that a day or two after getting familiar with some Beta or, occasionally, Omega. There was no doubt Bakugo was trying to change for Izuku, maybe because he'd finally figured out how to love again.

He deserves it, after all he'd been through.

"Him? Like me? I dunno if it's out of pity but he still thinks I'm a scary, shitty Alpha!"

Was Bakugo being... insecure?

Kirishima shakes his head. He was being delusional!

"Dude! Trust me on this! He's probably excited for it, just as you should be! Loosen up a little! We need to get you something to wear!"

And his smile turns into something more mellow and reassuring.

"He needs help to forget for a moment, Bakugo. You're the only person who can do that for him! Besides, it's just a little dance!"

Bakugo grumbles, taking a sharp breath in and swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, flipping himself upright. Maybe this was his break? He could do with a little relaxation!