The Grave

~~~

Izuku tosses as he attempts to reach his hands for the mothering arms of sleep, but could constantly feel himself rising back to the surface, his eyes snapping open to the pitch-black of his room. What was the point in trying to reach for sleep anyway? Way too much had happened yesterday for him to simply 'switch off'!

Kacchan wasn't a bad guy.

That was what shocked him more than anything.

Today confirmed it.

He wanted to believe that he was just playing the fool, and following the path of deceit that all his other loyal followers have. But the evidence lay bare before him, and he couldn't see that horrible monster anymore. All he saw was an Alpha with a strong front and a kind heart. He did care, especially about Izuku - there was no point in denying it.

Kacchan wasn't trying to court him either. Maybe he attempted to before but, now, he seemed to get a slight grip on the whole 'nice' act, and he seemed to drop the aggressive behaviour when around Izuku.

So the ice was broken, but there was still an ocean he had to cross, much like the sea of unanswered questions he had left to ask.

There was definitely something more to that exterior. Now that he actually thought about it, Kacchan was cold and closed from all others, even though he had a soft spot from Izuku. Kacchan knew practically everything about Izuku, but Izuku felt like he barely knew Kacchan. And he thought, maybe, everyone else here lacked the same amount of knowledge.

That only further spurs his curiosity.

Green eyes shine with moonlight as they open once again, and he catches himself quietly giggling. Who would've thought that he'd be kept awake at night thinking of no one but Kacchan? Quite a turn of events from the demon he'd seen forcing himself on an Omega and... murdering Monoma.

Perhaps he could justify such events, since he considers himself an ally of Kacchan now. The Alpha hadn't used domination on him, which was a huge point to highlight. If he'd truly wanted to mate with him to sedate his sexual needs, he could've easily overpowered him with his dense and hot muscle. But he didn't, and that could only be because he actually cared for the Omega.

Kacchan cared for Izuku.

As for the murder of three months ago, despite it being completely unacceptable, the Alpha did have a short temper and, after being riled by Monoma - who only seemed to want to provoke him - he'd lost all sight of rationality. To murder someone in such a gruesome way could only be done through the blindness of pure rage. Well, that, as well as insanity.

Yet there was something Monoma had said before he faced his demise that had caught Izuku's attention.

"Have you yet used domination to put him in his place? Or have you dared to use domination at all?"

He remembers thinking about it then, and he still thinks about it now. At all? The Alpha hasn't used domination at all?

For an Alpha who has an extremely powerful scent, Izuku failed to see why Kacchan wouldn't ever use domination! Not even on Monoma, who seemed to tease him to the last second!

There had to be something more to that. He couldn't simply 'not use his scent ever'! There had to be some kind of reason to it and, more than anything, Izuku was determined to find out what.

Maybe it was the other way around for the Alpha, though. Maybe he wanted to know more about Ochako, or his mother, or the poor life he lived, or maybe even his past. Hell, would he ever get into a scenario where he'd have to explain the circumstances he'd undergone with his asshole of a father? He shudders at the thought.