Protect

You will also find out why Seromina isn't a ship - my random headcanon

Mild gore 🩸

~~~

It was no surprise that the enemy's first target was the leader himself. Convenient, in a sense that said leader stood out front with his precious, weak Omega by his side. Less so because they were immediately swarmed by a person beside or behind him, and that they could barely breach beyond a three metre radius from the leader, instantly being hit by the fluid motions of the single knife held in his hand. Left hand, mind that.

But he never gets his hand deeper than half an inch into the flesh. Harmful muscle or tissue tears were as worse as his attacks could get - no burst veins or arteries or severed nervous cells. A clear display of how skilled he is at combat.

Izuku noticed this with his own observant eyes, between the occasional dodge and anxious aim.

It's an unusual experience, being in a war so big. Nothing at all like the fables, because everything was loud and it puts every fibre in your body on edge. Iida's group had tagged along with them a few minutes after the first explosive had been fired, so there were greater sounds of gun fire. It made Izuku uncomfortable, but the warmth of the hand clutched around his own soothed him. Put him a little at ease. That everything was going to be alright, both for him and the Alpha and everyone here.

He had to concentrate when he sees another attacker coming towards them, on a side that Kacchan wasn't facing - maybe because he was busying himself with another. 

Inhale. 

Aim. 

Exhale. 

Fire.

He clicks the trigger, the recoil reverberating through his arm and, if he'd let out a shocked gasp, no one heard.

The bullet hits a spot just beneath the shoulder, not exactly where Izuku wanted to aim, but still painful enough to get the man to drop to his knees with a cry. Seeing someone suffering at his own hands, however, did something to Izuku.

He could feel his guts cramp and convulse, an unsettling emotion squirms like worms up his back. He couldn't tell whether he wanted to empty his stomach or pass out but, for a moment, he allows Kacchan to drag him along.

He could never get used to that.

It takes him a while before he comes about again, blinking away tears because, naturally, Omegas were more emotional than other secondary genders. And the past experiences he'd pushed himself through gave him a stain that would scar him for life:

Trauma.

He always wanted to do better, or be better, or just not be the stupid, useless Omega that so many had said he was. And he wanted to save others - it was in his blood, like an instinct. Knowing he did the opposite... it...

He snaps out of his trance, the need to protect his Alpha becoming more dominant as he gets back on his feet, catching up with the powerful steps of Kacchan, who was already looking around for other meat for the kill.

Other bastards that dared to touch Deku.

He had to protect him.

At all costs.

They were making fast progression through the enemy, who weren't all that challenging to face, but were still driven by something. Izuku could only speculate that Shigaraki had bribed his desperate, starving people with something. Or perhaps blackmail is a more likely possibility? Maybe even a lie?