Elevate

Something more :)

~~~

It was around two weeks since the incident. Rumours were like wildfire and, by the end of the same day the incident had happened, everyone knew. It was hard not to avoid talking about it for the rest of the week. Seeing the boss, who was normally intimidating but with a decent composure, murdering someone in broad daylight? It was a thought that was hard to overcome!

Within that first week, Izuku had grown the courage to head over to the infirmary. He steered clear of the hallway he assumed leads to the Alpha's quarters, heading swiftly towards the stairwell that headed to the place where the recently-admitted patient rests.

Yaoyorozu had awoken already. She was still being kept in hospital, mostly until she finishes with her physio appointments, Jiro staying close by her side. Izuku found it cute, really, how strangely possessive and protective the Beta was over her Alpha. He couldn't deny how perfectly the two were together. Todoroki had also significantly improved. His heartrate had regulated back to normal, a little more colour evident in his face. At this rate, with some of his fractures almost entirely healed, he only felt a sleep away from returning. Despite himself, Izuku did anticipate for the day, secretly thrilled at the idea of seeing the Alpha awake. Yet his stomach pinches with guilt.

Kaminari was in a similar state to how Yaoyorozu and Todoroki were two months ago. His oxygen mask was fastened tightly to his face, eyes heavily pressed shut. His skin was dangerously pale, the blood stains scrubbed off. There were multiple bandages across his body but, mostly, he was okay. Izuku was beyond relieved, but guilty more so. He knew Kirishima was scared, dry and bloodshot eyes staring restlessly at his mate, waiting for any signs of life as he squeezes his hand in a bone-crushing hold. It was so strange to see the blonde without a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry," Izuku subconsciously mumbles, though loud enough for the redhead to hear.

Kirishima turns around carefully, before easing Izuku with a reassuring smile, tightened with fatigue and fear. "S'not your fault, 'kay?" he insists quietly, before gesturing for Izuku to get closer. "I should have expected it. Monoma had been getting a little cockier recently."

Izuku flinches at the mention of his name. Despite the fact that Monoma could no longer hurt him, he could still remember the memories that haunt him every night. Right there, in that room, he didn't want to recall any of it.

Monoma was confirmed dead due to a broken neck. It was potentially after he'd lost his jaw. He was buried respectfully, because he was still an Alpha who had served under Bakugo. Izuku refused to believe that the leader had insisted to give him a proper burial, including a private service and a wake. Bakugo didn't dare attend. Neither did any of the advisors, nor Izuku.

He didn't dare.

He refused to pay any respect to him.

It would be considered more disrespectful anyway, and Izuku would hate to agivate or offend his lingering spirit. After all, it was he who had mostly brought about Monoma's death. At least that's what Izuku thought.

His plot was located further at the back of the graveyard. It only then made Izuku realise that no one was actually being paid to do any jobs here. It all works in a system, where everyone is responsible for something. Chefs cook and cleaners clean, servants provide help and the nurses save. Some even helped skilfully chip out words onto the tombstone that now sits on top of Monoma's oak coffin. And yet all they earn is access to the available services. Even the Omegas here get the same rights as everyone else!

Monoma's funeral service was short and sweet. He was nineteen when he died - still so young. It was almost settling to think that he'd made it to the afterlife and can see both of his parents again.