Confess

~~~

"Murdered."

Even saying the word out loud made Katsuki angry. Maybe, somewhere deep down, he was still grieving. But he could only feel the anger, even seven years down the line.

His eyes betrayed him, though. Izuku could see the distress, how troubled he truly was.

"At first," he continues, brows pinched together, "I refused to believe it. My parents are... such good people, and the fact that someone did... that to them I... none of it added up!"

Izuku wished nothing more than for a black hole to swallow him whole, his stomach quenching. Maybe he was about to be sick.

"It was in their sleep. Their throats were slit. Bathed in a puddle of their own blood that soaked into the mattress. I fucking lost it, and even the idiots who tried to calm me down had no effect on me."

This were a story he'd told time and time again. But also a story he hated to relive.

Izuku didn't need to imagine why.

The next few words slip out secretly, a whisper that could be mistaken by distortions to the wind.

"I killed the entire clan."

The Omega's blood froze.

Eyes widening.

Tears welling.

The amount of guilt the Alpha had to shoulder he... couldn't possibly imagine.

"Some-"

His voice catches, and he gulps heavily, closing his eyes as if it would divert the green stare piercing through his soul.

"Some stupid psychological shit made my scent lose control. A fucking time bomb leading to the massacre. I was... close enough through my mess of emotions to see the... consequences of my scent."

Izuku thought back to Shigaraki, and how desperately he wanted Kacchan to kill him with his scent. Now he knew it was renowned for... this.

"They were all insane. Every. Single. One of them. Dropped down to their knees and all feral. Couldn't see their pupils. They were all rolled back behind their skulls."

He... hated this. Watching the Alpha be so weak, torturing himself to no extent with the image of his parents' corpses, and his own instincts telling him to stay seated and watch it all. Because, more than anything at that moment, he wanted to lurch forward and embrace him, and give him hope and support.

But he wasn't finished.

"Teared their throats out. Jumped out of windows and onto roads. Anything to kill themselves. Blood was... everywhere. I was fucking thirteen!"

He forces a laugh out, sour as citrus.

"New spread faster than wild fire. I had to live on the streets - couldn't fucking stay there. An entire year on my own, enduring all kinds of slurs. I know what it's like. The games of survival. I saw Betas being beaten down back street alleys, and the screams of kids. People gave me shit. Labelled me a danger and talked behind my back. It was easy for me to survive, because everyone was scared of me. I had to toughen up, or I'd end up like my parents."

The bile stings his throat. Seeing Inko surrounded by her own life fluids... Izuku wouldn't ever be able to sleep. And on top of murdering your entire home town. Seeing the horrors of the street life, to the children, to the helpless, to the broken. Then your own survival, scavenging for food and trying to figure out how everything works. Kacchan had to do that.