The Turning Point

Mild 🍋
Also a very long chapter

~~~

Together, Izuku, Kacchan and Kirishima venture into the forest, the leader out front and the remaining two following closely behind. The muffled sounds of explosions and war echo like the ghosts of the dead, the occasional snap of a twig or scurry of some creature in the dark startling the Omega. Still, stealth was mostly there, along with intimidation and caution.

Kacchan was picking up on a scent, his nose being another one of his endless talents. His hand remains laced with Izuku's, and there were no actions to show that either one of the pair weren't okay with it. Not from Kirishima either.

They reach a point where the cover of the forest gives way to a clearing, and if that wasn't a conspicuous red flag then Izuku really didn't know what was. Kacchan gently pushes Izuku behind him and Kirishima walks into the open first, the silence thick with tension.

He gives a little prayer - hoping that nothing bad would happen and Kirishima would be okay.

It wasn't enough.

Out of nowhere, the black-haired Alpha that Izuku remembers being at the table before had sprung out of nowhere, tackling Kirishima, who lets out an audible grunt, out of the clearing and through to the other side of forest. Izuku, on instinct, makes to run towards Kirishima to help him out, if not for the second hand that now grips his forearm. Kacchan presses a finger to his lips, those crimson eyes and that sharp jawline shaded by the shadow of leaves.

Right.

Kirishima was strong enough to that that Alpha on anyway.

"Finally, that fucking rat's out of the picture!" someone sneers, and Izuku could already tell by the decaying scent and the rasp of the voice that it was the exact person they were looking for.

Shigaraki.

"Oi! Don't think I'm stupid! I can fucking smell you!"

Now paying closer attention, Izuku could hear the slurring of his words, or the slight wavering of his tone.

He was drunk.

"Aww! Got that Omega with ya too?"

Kacchan instantly growls, pushing Izuku further back into the forest, attempting to hid from the bastard's eyes that now scan the cover, searching for his attackers.

They stop, peering directly into Izuku's fearful eyes, and he could feel his blood run cold, his stomach dropping. He snatches whatever air was left for him to take.

"Found you!"

Kacchan had enough and steps out of the forest cover, snarling aggressively at the monster he was determined to slay.

"Finally come out to play?" Shigaraki jeers, and Izuku could tell Kacchan was already grinding his teeth together.

"You're gonna fucking die."

His voice was akin to ice, enough to make even Izuku shudder.

But Kacchan wasn't quick enough to make the first move, Shigaraki lunging in with a sword that barely grazes Kacchan's shoulder, Izuku following down with him. The Alpha takes a little time to recompose himself, the time it took to duck away from that blow being less than a second, like a reflex. He couldn't let himself think what would have happened had he not reacted so quickly, let alone if the Omega was caught in the fire.

He smiles to himself.

'I'm already thinking like that damn nerd.'

His skilled hand allows his own blood-shod knife to slice into Shigaraki's flesh a few times but his reaction skills were just as good as a sober swordsman. Same goes for the poised attempts at laying a mark on Kacchan. Izuku could only watch in complete awe.