Mates

🍋

~~~

But before becoming mates, the two had to wait.

For Pre-Heat.

Until then, Izuku would be even further clingy with Katsuki. It was the phase where the chemistry between the two physically changes, especially with there scents.

There was no more pinning.

In fact, the two were practically inseparable.

At any given moment throughout the day, the two would easily be caught cuddling or kissing or giggling like complete dorks, or two kids who terribly keep a secret. Unfortunately, there was no one in the manor who didn't know that they were getting ready to mate - thanks to them making it blatantly obvious.

It was a confusing mixture of them being horny and engrossed with one another, although autonomously that can be seen as the same thing. The line between them could easily be crossed. Izuku would take the opportunity to cling to Katsuki's arm or snuggle into his chest whenever possibly, and his presence alone would smooth the Alpha's razor edges, if only a little. However, only ever when addressing the freckled Omega, Katsuki would melt for him, nuzzling their noses together affectionately with a drunken smile and ruby eyes crinkled with adoration.

He was also very much the jealous type. He would always ensure to snatch Izuku back by a few metres away from any Alpha or Beta he was talking with, protectively wrapping his arms around his arms, almost caging him, and breathing in that summer berry scent, synonymously glaring daggers at the unwanted individual. It even happened when Izuku was talking to an Omega once! Recently, however, his control got a little better. He now just hugs Izuku from behind and glares at the extra while the latter continues the conversation as if nothing had just happened.

What both could most certainly relate to was their scents. Summer berries and smoked apples were their thing. Izuku and Katsuki want to smell themselves on each other at all times and, no matter whether Katsuki was in a meeting discussing extensions or Izuku was taking a bath, they would rub their scent glands together, both instinctively releasing a sea of pheromones that embeds itself under their skin.

It's shocking to know that, whilst they waited for Izuku's pre-heat or even pre-pre-heat, neither engaged with any form of sexual activity. It had only been domesticity, or tooth-rotting fluff.

At least, nothing beyond making out.

It was practically like a pregnancy reveal when Katsuki had shared that Izuku had started his pre-pre-heat. As if the stars were aligning that day, Katsuki's early stages of rut had started as well.

This gave the two almost an entire week to eagerly prepare. They both clear their schedules, warning everyone not to interrupt unless lives were actually at stake. If they were somewhat urgent, Kirishima would gladly (and thankfully) help out. They were planning to do it all in Katsuki's room - it was both their romantic fantasies to have Izuku drooling all across smoke-scented sheets.

And also because Katsuki had his own kitchen with a frequently-stocked fridge, since heats and ruts often last for a good five days.

Four days later, and those great, golden doors were firmly locked - no one will be disturbing them until the process was over. During that time, Izuku and Katsuki spent it making a larger nest on the king-sized bed, using pillows and duvets from Izuku's room, as well as soft blankets and hoodies, t-shirts and silk robes. Izuku's daily wear is one of Katsuki's ridiculously but adorably oversized hoodies that reaches his knees, as well as stockings that Katsuki thought were hot as fuck and the appropriate undergarments. Katsuki wore a tank top and some loose sweatpants - completely different to the usual suit or formal outfits he wore. Izuku like the domestic vibes they had - made him feel like they were a real family, and that this were...