The Night

~~~

A flock of people barge out, belting intimidating cries for war. At least, those who were actually looking forward to it. They were finally going to attack the man who had ruined their lives for years! Not to mention the loved ones who remain watching from above.

Izuku could feel the buzz of excitement in the pit of his stomach, but it was practically swallowed with the panic he felt as bodies akin to tanks barge past him, effortlessly landing blotches of green on his skin.

Months after eating a staple diet and still he bruises so easily, barely as plump as the other Omegas, despite being stronger. Why couldn't he even have a bit of his father's Alpha-like genes? Where did his Omegan traits even come from, particularly when he knew, passively, that his grandparents were Betas?

He shuffles out of the crowd, his head tilted to the sky as he attempts breathing, pushing his way towards Kacchan. After all, even if he weren't there, Izuku could use the stairs to find out where he's supposed to go. Fortunately, on the way there, the crowd thins, giving way to Kacchan himself, walking steadily towards him.

His manor had a sudden gravity. A power that only the best could achieve. And, shit, he really was the best! There was no other way that the Omega could possibly describe his Alph-

No.

The Alpha.

Not his...

Yet.

"Ready to go?" he asks, his voice more sincere and... gentle. It made Izuku's heart melt, and he couldn't question how much Kacchan cares about him, because the fact that he wanted to protect him was enough to answer.

"Yes," he replies, and gives a nervous yet convincing smile to Kacchan, oblivious to the flush of pink that stains his cheeks.

"We're taking the van," he remarks a little quicker than usual and spins on his heel, striding towards the door. Izuku falls a bit short of matching his pace, the gap between the two steadily growing wider, but comes to a stop when Kacchan does, which was unusual considering he'd always forget to put the breaks on and crash right into him. Or maybe because he was being more observant, particularly with Kacchan! Either way, even Kacchan seemed surprised of not feeling a smaller body bump into his back.

In the clearing, the other advisers were there too. Todoroki and Kirishima. Both with identical stuffed bags. That was when realisation dawned on Izuku.

"K-Kacchan?" he stammers, casting a hesitant glance towards the piercing red eyes, "W-Was I supposed to pack my stuff?"

He did remember what Todoroki had told him before but didn't want to second-chance it. It's not that he didn't trust Todoroki! He just needed to hear it from the Alpha himself.

Kacchan blinks at him a few times, before rolling his eyes, glaring at the Omega, but not with the fire he normally used.

"You're shit's at the back," he mumbles, gesturing vaguely towards the back of the car. "I took a few..."

The vibrant blush this time doesn't pass by unnoticed.

"Items that you may... want to put in your... nest."

In a split second, Izuku's cheeks erupt into a bright red, his entire body aflame with a concoction of shock and embarrassment.

"O-Oh," he splutters.

"Ya know... pillows and... blankets and shit."

Everything about what the Alpha had done was both adorable and unexpected. Izuku really didn't know how to rationally react. So he just stood there, like a lemon, silently preying for Kacchan to just move and say something to Kirishima or Todoroki.