The Declaration

~~~

There was an empty cavity in his chest when Izuku woke up once again

Alone in his bed. By some miracle, he thought the Alpha had changed. That maybe he'd wake to feel those warm, comforting arms wrapped tightly around him, perhaps a nose nuzzling into his neck, opening his eyes in the sun-dusted light, his eyes soaking in the breath-taking sight of Kacchan smiling lazily at his, those crimson eyes bright, but softer and more mellow.

Yet it didn't make up for the fact that he was alone.

Yesterday catches up with him. Yesterday. Even now he feels something swirl in his gut, like a fluttering or a swash, his heart already beating faster and louder, enough so that he could hear it in his ears.

He remembered that Kacchan said he would check up on him the next day. So that's what he prepared himself for. Tsu didn't come in to see how strangely Izuku was acting, like the way he actually tried to brush his hair, but instead washed it with as much shampoo as he could possibly fit in his hands. Or the way he looks at least fifty times into the mirror with a giddy smile to make sure he looked attractive, or presentable. Maybe not as amazing as he was last night, but pretty enough.

God, even thinking about it! How had Kacchan look so amazing, and yet without even applying a lick of make-up!? Hell even his lips were rouged, but there were no products giving that colour-just a natural blush! Even now, anticipating the Alpha walking that slender body through those doors, Izuku was already thinking about those vermillion eyes or that cute smile!

Minutes pass.

Hours.

Now approaching midday, and still Kacchan didn't walk through those doors.

Izuku had enough.

He slips out of those doors, his feet sliding into those red trainers, and he breaks into a fast jog, ducking under Alphas and dodging past Betas, briskly scanning the library briskly scanning the library before checking the main hall, the meeting room, the dance hall, the lobby. Just when Izuku was sure that the Alpha was in his room and had started booking up the stairs and down the winding, he bumps into Iida.

"Izuku, I hope you realise you're wearing your shoes indoors!"

Izuku blinks before realising - why exactly was he wearing his shoes? He wasn't thinking straight! He was supposed to bring them in his hand and put them on at the lobby...

"S-Sorry, Iida," he mumbles, and Iida flashes a worried look.

"No wonder you didn't realise. You seem troubled!" And if his eyes weren't already a giveaway, the pungent scent of his panic practically floods the air.

"H-Have you seen Kacchan?" he asks, frowning a little.

A grace of uncertainty passes through those blue orbs. Maybe it was best not to tell Izuku - especially after all he's been through. And the fact that this was kept back from him since the day he'd lost practically everything. Still, the Omega was scared, and it was only right that he were told what happened to Bakugo.

"He's gone, at the moment.

"With Shigaraki."

Izuku's blood runs cold.