Broken

"She won't calm down Bruno." My sister told him. "She won't stop crying and I can't get her up."

All I felt was the floor beneath me. I couldn't get up no matter how much I tried. All I could see was my sister's feet walking around in a hurry. Once I made it home, I collapsed and cried. I didn't care if I was on the floor. The pain was too much to handle. The pain he had given me.

"BRUNO!" My sister called.

Through my blurry eyes, I could see her bend down and pulling me to her knees. My head rested on her lap as she tried to sooth me by running her hand through my hair. It's not helping.

"What the hell happened?" I heard my brother say once he finally got downstairs.

"I don't know." Ariana said. "I was asleep until I heard a crash. I came downstairs to see her sprawled on the floor. She's been crying and she won't tell me what happened. I don't know what to do, Bruno." She explained, continuing to run her hands through my hair.

It still didn't help.

Bruno's knee brushed mine as he bent down next to both Ariana and I. I felt bad. They were both in their pjs and I had woken them up.

"Let me get her Ari." Bruno told her.

Ariana carefully gave me to Bruno. His muscular arms surrounded my body. He removed the hair from my face and looked me in the eyes. I'm pretty sure my eyes gave it all.

Broken.

Bruno didn't say anything. He knew. Instead, he grabbed my legs from underneath and got up with me in his arms. I closed my eyes, unable to see where he was taking me.

"Where are you taking her?" I heard Ariana say behind us.

"The piano." Bruno simply said.

The piano was our favorite place to spend time together. Whether it was the best times or the worst. The piano helped us deal with every situation we were dealing with at the time. When our parents died, we came to the piano. My mom had taught us how to play it. Bruno and Ariana learned it all. I was in the middle. I didn't get to finish my lessons.

A year later, Bruno finally had the courage to teach me and play again. He was in pain. The piano reminded him of our mom since he spent most of his time there with her. Twenty days later and I finished my lessons.

"Here." Bruno whispered. He sat me down on the bench infront of the piano. There was only one window in the dark room that illuminated the black piano that had given us so many memories.

"Play us what you feel sweetheart." He said as he sat down next to me. I could feel Ariana standing behind me as I adjusted myself on the bench and placed my fingers on the keys, a tear streaming down my face.

I sniffed and began.

' Little girl, she's all grown up,

Oh she's getting famous, she's a big star,

Little girl, fights with her mom,

Can't believe money changed who she loved,

And she cries in the night, she's trying to hold on,

But No one can hear her she's all alone, this little girl,

Closes her eyes all that she wants is someone to love..'

I couldn't go on from there. I stopped playing and cried. Bruno pulled me into his arms and held me as I wrapped my arms around his waist and stained his t-shirt with my tears. I could tell that he knew.