Chapter XVII: Intense Morning✔️

I woke up to the smell of something fresh cooking in the kitchen. When I opened my eyes, I noticed Jeremy was hanging off the bed, his body dangerously close to falling off. Sitting up, I inhaled. The smell of blueberries and coffee hitting my nose. Wasting no time, I got up and grabbed clean clothes.

Thoughts of maybe going for a stroll later hitting my mind before I decided the outfit was good enough before leaving the room quietly

Thoughts of maybe going for a stroll later hitting my mind before I decided the outfit was good enough before leaving the room quietly. Making sure not to wake Jeremy, who let out a long snore as I closed the door. The smell of maple syrup hit me as soon as I stepped close to the kitchen. The sight of Kol in my kitchen doing dishes threw me for a loop causing me to smile at him. He hadn't noticed me. His senses probably dulled since he wasn't an actual vampire now- well half. Maybe.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't take away their vampy-ness. I only made it easier to live with. Kol could still run through towns causing massacres as he drank from his victims- ripping hearts out and spleens. But, he didn't have to now- well the drinking blood part. He still could- mostly a part time Vampire I suppose. Being able to go at least a week without the need to feed.

I noticed he was trying to use his magic, moving dishes around and not psychically touching them. My brow raised as I observed his attempt. He did good until his focus dropped. His body seemed to have stiffen, maybe finally noticing the presence in the room. Within seconds, Kol flashed towards me, hand around my throat and my body slammed against the wall. The dishes he had floating not too high from the sink clattering together as they dropped.

Kol stared into my steel amused eyes, his heated brown gaze softening as he realized I was me and not some intruder. His tight grip on my throat loosened until he released me carefully. Not that I was really complaining. The buzzing of being that close to him made me realize just how hungry I was. I knew I had to feed soon- or things would get bad. I could get sick- maybe even start to slow down. It would feel like I had absolutely no energy left.

"I'm sorry! I didn't- I was so focused-" Kol spluttered, his guilty eyes scanning my neck as I'm sure there were finger bruises developing like a photo on my skin.

"Kol, it's okay." I told him sternly, smiling at him slightly. Kol shook his head at me, his eyes burning into my neck.

"I hurt you." He pointed out. The pain in his voice was painful for me to hear. The close proximity of our bodys was making it extremely difficult to focus on the situation. I'm almost positive that my eyes were flashing a bit. But Kol didn't seem to notice.

"I heal, Kol. This is nothing to feel bad about. I snuck up on you." Kol shook his head again before I sighed at him. "If you feel so bad- then heal me." I told him with a slight smirk. I won't lie. I craved his touch again. I don't think it was just the hunger in me though. Or even the way his hand had been around my throat moments ago. I sound masochistic as hell. Kol went to bite his wrist only for me to stop him. "Blood doesn't heal me." I breathed as I leaned closer towards him. My actions caused him to freeze up. I think he was surprised at my advancement towards him. My eyes searched his eyes before glancing towards his lips. Kol let out a shaky breath before closing the gap- our lips meeting in a long kiss.

This was probably a bad choice on my part. I knew of the pull Kol had on me. I knew how hungry I was. I knew that my hunger mixed with his pull would be a deadly equation. But that didn't stop me.

I felt Kol step closer towards me, his arms wrapping around me as I kissed him. Feeling the tightened skin that was bruised, loosening and healing as he kissed me. Bruises were an easy heal- a kiss was all it took. It was literally impossible to give me a hickey because of this, which I loved. I heard a rumble from Kol's throat as he moved his lips with mine, his body pressing me into the wall.

My hands went to his lower back, pulling him closer- if that was even possible. I could feel something growing against me.

This woke me from my hungry daze as I pulled away from him. The reminder of the pull I get from him and his brothers floating into my head. This was almost like I was leading them on- even if I didn't know what the pull actually was. Kol snapped his eyes open, staring at me in confusion.

"I- all healed." I stumbled slightly. His eyes darted to my throat, noticing the discoloration was long gone. Kol stepped away from me, his eyes on mine.

"You're eyes are glowing." His voice was slightly raspier than it was a moment ago. It was sexy- that's when I realized what really just happened. I had just lit the fuse to something in him- I could see it. I lit it inside myself as well. It's what happened with Klaus at the bar and then he showed up at my house- oh god. I blinked a few times, trying to get my eyes to calm down.

"They do that when I feed." I told him simply before his eyes lit up.

"I made breakfast!" He exclaimed, turning from me and pulling something from the oven. I glanced over it to see what looked to be some kind of Blueberry pastry.

Kol wasted no time in slicing me and him a piece and pouring some maple syrup over it, before setting it on the island bar

Kol wasted no time in slicing me and him a piece and pouring some maple syrup over it, before setting it on the island bar. I noticed he had made coffee as well which made me smile.

"Blueberry pancake- cake." He furrowed his eyebrows as he said it before laughing slightly. "I saw a recipe for it before I was daggered and thought I could try my hand at it." He explained as I nodded, cradling my cup of coffee in my hands. We jumped slightly as we heard a loud thud from the bedroom followed by a grunt. A minute goes by before Jeremy walks out, a glare on me.

"You couldn't have woken me up before I fell out of bed?" He muttered before his eyes settled on the cake and coffee. He marches over and steals my mug from me, sipping on it. "Think of it as compensation." He muttered. I snorted at him. Jeremy was not much of a morning person. Kol replaced my cup of coffee, glaring at the young Gilbert as he thought about how we had slept in the same bed.

"Are you two together or something?" Kol asked, not being able to help himself. Jeremy and I looked at each other before laughing.

"Definitely not."