Ch. 31 Out of Mummy Man's Lair

"You entered the foundation jurisdiction without permission and tried to take one of our own," Danzo spoke in a calm voice.

"What's foundation?" Akari whispered.

"A division of the ANBU," Oda whispered back.

"One of your own?" the wolf among them growled. "Emika is not one of yours."

"I get whoever I want," Danzo growled. "Hand her over and we will forget about all of this and let you go."

Akari grimaced. "Mummy man, I know rejection hurts but Godmother Emika clearly does not want you back- ow!" 

Akio bonked her on the head to shut her up.

"Eisaku," the old woman spoke clearly. "Let's do it."

Akari saw the white wolf show a wolfish grin for the first time since she had met him. "Alright."

"Magma style: Magma spray jutsu!"

Akari looked in fascination as actual molten magma seemed to seep up from the lines on the floor and spray itself all around them.

The ANBU immediately jumped in action, protecting Danzo, dodging the attack themselves, and throwing some kunai towards them.

Now Akari knew they were nowhere near the level of an ANBU, and if she hadn't improved her Taijutsu with that intense training Scarecrow sensei put her through she most probably would be dead, which was why they were sneaking in. So she most certainly regretted her decision when an ink-bird blocked their way, and the same ANBU she had encountered before dropped in front of them.

"I cannot let you pass," he said in an emotionless voice which made Akari wonder if ANBUs were humans at all.

"Fire Style: Fire Ball jutsu!"

Akari looked at the pitifully small discharge of fire from her mouth with white saucers for eyes before groaning. "Stupid fire ball."

Akio immediately grabbed her collar, shaking her. "WHAT THE HELL KIND OF FIREBALL WAS THAT!?"

Akari regained her senses, before shaking herself free when he had stopped and grabbing his collar. "AT LEAST I TRIED, WHAT DID YOU DO, HUH!? STANDING THERE AND GAPING LIKE A FISH!?"

Akio shook off her grip before grabbing her collar again and shaking her violently. "I NEED WATER FOR MY WATER STYLE! DO YOU SEE ANY WATER OR MOISTURE HERE, DO YOU!?" 

Akari, as stubborn as she was, grabbed his collar and shook him equally violently. "WELL, IF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING HOW ABOUT BEING A LITTLE MORE SUPPORTIVE OF YOUR COMRADE!?"

Akio shook her again and yelled out in nothing but pure exasperation this time. "WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS!?"

"COULD THE TWO OF YOU NOT ARGUE IN A SITUATION WHERE WE MIGHT POTENTIALLY DIE!?" Oda screamed making the two of them stop short. Oda never screamed.

Before Akari could continue, she was cut off by a certain wolf grabbing her collar from the back and dragging her away.

Akari yelped when she felt the familiar slimy ink-snake-rope bind her. She glanced around to see Oda and Godmother Emika were bound in a similar situation. Akio was giving a good fight to the ink-ANBU, while Eisaku was making a... mud wall! Wolves could do that!?

She winced at the harsh kick Akio received, sending him flying back and crashing into her. Both of them groaned on the ground.

Akari heard the mud wall behind her crash and break down, with more ANBU surrounding them.