Ch. 48 A Sulky Rinne Festival

Akari sulked in a corner.

And Akari Uchiha was not one to sulk in a corner in the middle of a festival for more than ten seconds unless she had a damn good reason.

She was sure she and Scarecrow sensei had been getting along much better than before.

What happened to gaining her trust back?

It felt like two steps forward and three steps back again.

She had met Haru, enjoyed the food with him, exchanged gifts, and almost forgotten about the argument between herself and Kakashi while doing so.

All the old people were happy, Ohana was happy, Akio's little sister was happy, Haru was happy, and she really couldn't ask for more.

Until she realized she could.

She wanted Kakashi to be happy with his gift too. She wanted to see his reaction when she gave him the gift she bought for him on her way back. Which made her question whether she should go see him or not. And for a ten year old who just had an argument with her sensei and experienced his killing intent again, it was a difficult decision.

Hence the sulking.

She sighed seeing the very few people left around the stalls now. All her friends had left. She hadn't because she wasn't sure if she was going to search for Kakashi or not, but she was sure even he would be asleep by now.

Until she stepped inside the 'Tilted Kunai' to check the time and saw two jonin sitting on a table, one with a familiar green spandex and other with a familiar tuft of messy silver hair, talking in a drunken haze with a few empty bear bottles lying around them.

Akari's nose scrunched up at the stink of alcohol and she debated whether she should leave. Then she saw her a waitress trying to talk to the two of them, apparently asking them to leave since they needed to close.

Green sensei seemed to get the message and stumbled, standing up.

"What a ...youthful night!" he blabbered, before waving to Kakashi and stumbling outside, too drunk to notice Akari.

However, Akari saw her sensei wave off the waitress, ignoring her attempts to get him to leave.

"Ano... shinobi-san, I'm afraid we cannot keep this place open after its closing time," the waitress tried again, her eyebrows stitched together because of the frown on her face.

"Yeah yeah," the copy nin grumbled. "Give me another drink and I'll 'eave."

"...Sir, frankly I don't think you can handle any more of that without passing out, and I can't have you passing out right now because I need to close this place," she gritted out.

"Oh? Well I need to pass out after today-" Kakashi started, before he was interrupted by a familiar voice through his drunken haze.

"Master?"

He glanced back to see his apprentice, before blinking slowly, his fuzzy brain trying to figure out who it was for a few seconds.

"...Chibi?"

The waitress glanced at Akari, who smiled a tense smile at her, before looking back at Kakashi and tugging his hand.

"Let's go," she muttered.

"Don' wanna..." Kakashi slurred, placing his head on the table.

Akari frowned, feeling a weird sense of... fear.

She had never seen Kakashi like this... so out of it. So... vulnerable.

Akari weakly shook him, making Kakashi's head snap up for a second, before relaxing again.