Ch. 35 Adults Making Big Deal Out of Everything

"You're late," Iruka sighed, too used to this by now.

"When is he not?" Anko pointed out from behind him, sitting on the mission desk.

"Kakashi-san, how are we supposed to set off on a mission if the mission leader is late?" Iruka groaned.

"Maa, you see... today a certain chibi was sticking to me like a leech and I had to figure out a way to pry her off without waking her up," Kakashi grumbled under his breath.

Anko and Iruka exchanged confused glances.

"Also Iruka, do you know where I can find swords?"

"... Wherever you got yours from?" Anko raised an eyebrow.

"For small ten year old excitable ninjas..." he added.

Iruka's face paled. "No..."

"Look-"

"NO-"

"She wants to learn swords-"

"YOU ARE NOT THINKING OF GIVING HER A SWORD-"

"And as her master who am I to deny her training-"

"SHE'LL END UP KILLING HERSELF-"

"That's what I said-"

"KAKASHI HATAKE I SWEAR TO GOD IF SHE ENDS UP STABBING HERSELF I'LL STAB YOU."

"Why you gotta piss him off first thing in the morning," Anko sighed. "Anyways-"

"Yo snake sensei!"

Anko glanced behind Kakashi to see Akari appearing on the mission desk with a report. Now that she had gone exactly two months without missions, she could go back to doing them. So she took one first thing in the morning after she woke up.

"Scarecrow sensei, you're here too!" she grinned happily.

"Shut up," Kakashi drawled, smiling slightly behind his mask unnoticeably though. When she rushed away after coming across him at that market place the last time, he realized how great it actually felt at someone being so excited by just seeing him outside training. Even though it was annoying, he won't have it any other way.

Plus he had no idea that not throwing her off after she hugged him would make her that happy that she was practically radiating brightness.

"Baka!"

THUMP

"Ow! Iruka sensei! What was that for!?"

"That's how you refer to your sensei?" Iruka narrowed his eyes.

"Hehe... i-it's not my fault though! She rains Haru with snake babies! Of course I'll call her snake sensei! And my master's name literally means scarecrow! Plus he's scary when he's pissed! It fits him so perfectly-"

THUMP

"Oww," Akari whined holding her head with two bumps on it now.

"Don't disrespect your jonin senseis, Akari," Iruka sighed.

"I respect them both very much!" she protested. "Oh! Did you know Scarecrow sensei finally let me hug him?" she grinned.

"For real?" Anko raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"Yeah! My flat-mate even got a picture! I'll show you-"

THUMP

"Why now?" Akari whined, glancing up at Kakashi with betrayed-puppy-eyes.

"Stop talking," Kakashi said shortly.

"Wait..." Akari started with a grin... the kind of grin that told Kakashi he wouldn't like what she was going to say next.