Ch. 12 Two Bickering Senseis

"Akari, stop."

"But... but look!" the ten-year-old exclaimed doing another backflip on the vertical wall.

"I get it, you perfected the first exercise," Kakashi said exasperatedly, looking at the blur of red and black jumping across every wall in the mission room while waiting for the current mission-desk-in-charge.

Akari grinned back at him proudly. Kakashi sighed. Just how could be an Uchiha as much of a fool as Naruto was?

Well, there was Obito.

"Get down, now," Kakashi emphasized, only to be blatantly ignored by the female Uchiha, who was now dangling from the ceiling with one leg.

Before Kakashi could start regretting ever letting her learn it in the first place, a shriek, shriek, interrupted.

Kakashi glanced back to look at the familiar chunin academy instructor, and apparently the current mission desk in-charge, who would have his throat if any of his ex-students even got scratched under his supervision, elite jonin or not.

Coincidentally, the little hellion decided to lose her footing at the very exact moment Iruka entered the mission room and decided to ruin her focus with his concerned shrieking.

However, Kakashi had handled the likes of Naruto Uzumaki before, so his trained body quickly jumped to break her fall.

Iruka audibly sighed in relief as Kakashi looked at the girl in his arms, who had both her eyes squeezed shut for a second when she had been anticipating the fall.

She opened one of her eyes, examining what had happened, before taking in Kakashi's dead-panning look. She opened both of her eyes and chuckled sheepishly, before jumping off Kakashi onto the mission desk and crossing her legs.

"Hehe... thanks Kakashi sensei-"

Iruka didn't seem to have as much patience as the silver-haired jonin, because she barely got a warning before she heard a "BAKA!" and a punch knocked her off the table.

Kakashi raised an amused eyebrow when only her legs were visible from behind the desk, and he could hear grunting on the other side.

That was pretty much how he met her at the academy. She had been lying on the desk with her legs high up in the air.

"What was that for!?" Akari demanded springing back up and nursing her head.

"For being reckless," Iruka ground out, taking a seat between 

The genin pouted, jumping off the desk, between both the senseis, which also served as a reminder of Kakashi's presence to Iruka. He turned towards the jonin with a glare etched on his face as Kakashi mentally cursed his 'apprentice'.

"Kakashi-san, need I remind you why it's called a tree-climbing-exercise instead of a ceiling-climbing-exercise?" he asked through gritted teeth.

Kakashi sighed. Not this again.

"She is perfectly fine, see?" Kakashi answered in a bored tone, patting Akari's head roughly, making her scowl.

"She just fell down the ceiling-"

"-because you shrieked."

"-under your supervision!"

Iruka narrowed his eyes as Kakashi regarded him with a lazy stare.

Akari looked curiously between both of her teachers.

Kakashi sighed. "Even if I hadn't caught her, which I did, it would serve as a good lesson for why she shouldn't do it when I tell her not to," he shrugged casually. "Pain is a great teacher for shinobi."