Ch. 22 Invading Scarecrow Sensei's Life, Step One!

"I'm waiting for an answer, Akari," Kakashi gritted out patiently.

"Ah... well... you see... I... forgot? Hehe..." Akari laughed awkwardly.

"You forgot you unlocked your Sharingan?" he snapped.

"W-Well..."

"Stop being a nuisance, Uchiha, answer the question. Why did I get this from Anko instead of my own student?"

Akari glanced down slightly. Would she always remain a nuisance to him?

"I had no idea Anko sensei knew..." she defended.

"I don't care, why did I not hear this from you?" he demanded. Akari bit her lip.

"Well... I had no idea I was supposed to tell you," Akari said nodding to herself.

"I'm your master, I do things like reporting you unlocked a kekkei genkai to the Hokage for you, for which I need to know that they happened which I won't without you telling me. And I know you know all of this," Kakashi said exasperatedly.

People tended to be exasperated around her a lot.

Weird.

"Sorry, I'll inform you if something important happens the next time sensei," she mumbled, hoping he'd let go.

"You better," he drawled. "But I'm still curious about the why."

"Curiosity killed the cat," Akari quoted randomly.

"I prefer dogs."

"....Return Inu-chan?"

"You're purposely avoiding the topic about your Sharingan," Kakashi pointed out. "And most of the times you bring up Inu-chan in a conversation with me out of nowhere, you're nervous about something."

Akari blinked. "You know that and it still works?" she exclaimed. "Wow... Inu-chan is powerful..."

"Stop diverting the topic, chibi."

"Stop calling me that!"

Akari shuffled nervously for a second. "And return Inu-chan- oh no wait, I used that already," she muttered under her breath.

"I'm not training you until you tell me," Kakashi drawled.

"What!? You can't do that!" she exclaimed jumping up, before clutching her leg. Those weights hurt.

Kakashi observed her calmly.

"Fine... I... well, I don't like the Sharingan," she grumbled.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow.

"Because it doesn't look nice," she lied.

Akari gulped at his unresponsive stare.

"A-And... uh... people don't like people with Sharingan?"

Kakashi cocked his head to the side.

"I mean- you know! The village has a history of rogue Uchihas and... yeah..." she hurriedly added on.

She scrunched up her face, thinking what to say under the jonin's unwavering gaze.

"Well you see how the village doesn't like me much just because I'm half Uchiha... so the more Uchiha properties I show the more I annoy people?"

She didn't like that gaze and how she felt the need to justify herself under it.

"Plus like... I thought you won't like it?" she blurted in a small voice.