Ch. 34 Nice Scarecrow Hour

"Akari?"

"Mmff?" she grumbled into her cushion.

"Hey, chibi," someone shook her shoulder.

Akari groaned into her pillow. She was sure it was the middle of the night.

"G'way," she grumbled, wiggling inside her blanket.

She frowned annoyed at her blanket being snatched away.

She opened her eyes, rubbing them before blinking at the person in front of her.

"K'ashi sensei?" she mumbled groggily.

"Mhm, get up."

Akari frowned. What the hell?

She rubbed her eyes again. 

Then pinched her arm. 

Then turned away from him, made a hand-sign and muttered "Release!"

Nothing happened. Scarecrow sensei was still there in her room at... she glanced at her clock. Five am. Even the sun wasn't up yet.

So she did the ninja-est thing ever.

She screamed.

Minutes later, Kakashi slowly uncovered his ears, wincing, and Ohana stood at her door, frantically looking around.

"Kakashi-san, did something happen?" she questioned.

"I was the one who screamed," Akari deadpanned and got ignored.

"Ah, no, sorry about that," he replied with his easy-going eye-smile. "My apprentice screams a lot," he patted her head.

"She does, you are amazing at observing!" Ohana chuckled. Akari shot her another deadpanning stop-crushing-on-my-sensei look. "Um... so... call me if you need anything!" she chirped happily.

Ohana was not a person who'd be happy to be woken at five am. Akari narrowed her eyes.

"I will, thanks," Kakashi answered reassuringly.

Ohana stumbled on the way out.

Akari narrowed her eyes further.

"You have a nice flat-mate," Kakashi murmured, taking a seat on her bed.

"...I guess?" Akari muttered unsurely, her brain finally firing up the real questions. Like why was Kakashi inside her room right now?

She bit her lip, remembering their last encounter, finally being able to place the cause of her nervousness. Now that she had done that, it made her even more nervous.

"Um... sensei! So... did you need something?" she smiled despite the nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Not particularly," Kakashi drawled. 

Akari waited anxiously for his reason, however after a few seconds she realized that he wasn't about to offer an explanation.

"So... why are you inside my house?" she prompted.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow. "You really shouldn't be the one asking that considering you broke into my house with Gai the last time I remember."

"Hehe..." she rubbed the back of her head. "But Gai sensei was going to meet you and I just... tagged along," she muttered quietly, glancing down.

"So I can't come to meet you in your house?" Kakashi raised an eyebrow.

"O-Of course you can!" she stammered, forcing a tense smile.

"Drop it," Kakashi finally frowned at her.

"Huh?"

"The fake smile. Drop it."