Ch. 43 Random Samurai Guy Questioning Life

"General Mifune," a Samurai knelt down. "You summoned me?"

"One of our guests was looking for you," the General said, amusement lacing his voice. "She said you gave her your word about something."

The Samurai stilled when he gazed at the familiar outsider.

"...."

"Random Samurai guy! I cut off that tree in one go!"

"She's lying, she had been at it all night long," another blonde girl beside her drawled. "Ignore her, Takeo-san, we shouldn't have bothered you-"

"But! A word is a word-!"

thump

"Don't say anything!" the blonde girl hissed at the raven.

"Oh but she's right," Mifune started, his eyes full of amusement. "A word is a word, Takeo 'sensei'."

The samurai armor was the only reason no one noticed the brunette's annoyed expression at his general.

He finally sighed. "Show me."

The ten-year-old nuisance squealed gleefully before grabbing his arm and dragging him outside.

It wasn't like he had any other option.

How could the general side with a ten-year-old outsider!? This was unfair!

------

"Why am I doing this?" Takeo grumbled under his breath.

"That's what I'm wondering," Akio pointed out from the rock he was sitting on.

"Weren't you like... injured, Akari?" Sara pointed out.

"It healed!"

"No it didn't. She just avoids using the hand that isn't healed or landing on her injured back," Takeo clarified.

"How reckless," Sara muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Come on! I'm getting a samurai to train me! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

"Why is she always hyper? At first I thought seeing everything way too clearly with her Sharingan might have something to do with it but she's literally blindfolded at the moment," Sara drawled, before looking at Akio. "While they're at that, want to go on a date?"

"No."

The Yamanaka sighed in dismay at the blunt answer, before looking back at the training going on in front of her. 

Akari was lying on the ground, grabbing one of her arms and shouting at the annoyed samurai, who was arguing about how she should've sensed it coming and he could do that if he was blindfolded. 

Who cared!? It's not like she'd have to fight a battle blindfolded or anything! Besides, Akari had the Sharingan. She should've been learning to use her eyes more instead of learning to battle without it. How stupid. But that girl always had been stupid, even though she graduated at ten.

Maybe if she had trained her eyes more the stupid half-Uchiha won't have had to band-aid her eyes after using her own kekkei genkai for more than a few minutes and prolong this boring mission.

She ignored the tiny part of her brain whispering at least she did something to protect Akio. You froze. 

She shook her head. There was Shikamaru present too. It was his job to keep them safe! Plus Akio would be strong enough to deal with anything that came her way! And if he couldn't, then no one could anyways, so what even was the point.

"You're doing it! I really didn't think you could!" the samurai guy exclaimed.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean- ow! Hey! I was speaking-"

Sara sighed, drowning out the noises. "Idiots," she grumbled under her breath.

"What happened when I passed out?"

She almost jumped at Akio speaking up all of a sudden. "Huh?"

"When Itachi Uchiha showed up," he clarified. "How did we make it out alive?"

"Well... Akari and Shikamaru fought. And I... saved you! With a kunai!"

Akio gave her an annoyed look. "Akari. How did she fight Itachi?"

Sara felt a pang of hurt and envy. She just told him she saved his life! And he was focused on Akari... he didn't believe her. Even though what she said was a massive exaggeration, she crawled out in front of Itachi Uchiha and stood up to save him!

"She didn't do much. It was Shikamaru," she easily lied. "I need to be somewhere," Sara grumbled, walking away.

Akio groaned. He didn't care! He wanted to know how that idiot fought Itachi when he passed out! Dammit!

"Oh come on!"

Both Sara and Akio shot annoyed looks to a certain blind-folded Uchiha from the two corners of the training field.

"This isn't fair!" she whined.

"I'm literally training you for free!" Takeo exclaimed.

"... I'll buy you posters of your favorite singer! Or whatever samurai's simp over-"

"We aren't a fangirl club kid," the samurai dead-panned.

Akari raised an eyebrow, giving him a disbelieving look. "I saw you with a pretty lady yester-night-"

"What! No-! S-She was just a friend-... you're literally blind-folded, there's no way you saw shit!"

----------- 

"So, to get this straight, you got black-mailed by a ten-year-old into making a deal where she could be of use to you and in return teaching her infusing chakra natures into her sword?" General Mifune raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Yes sir," Takeo muttered from inside his samurai armor, hoping the armor would hide his flustered voice.

He did not like the tiny twitch on his general's lips every time that Uchiha brat made his life a living hell.

"I think I have the perfect mission for you then."

Takeo nodded. "We'll set out tomorrow, when she gets to remove that blindfold."

"How considerate of you, Takeo sensei," Mifune smirked slightly.

Takeo's eye twitched in annoyance.

"I don't deserve this," he grumbled under his breath. If the general wasn't going to act like a general then screw the formalities.

"However, don't worry. You won't need to 'set out' to anywhere. Our guests had a... complicated situation on their way here, and for their safety they cannot risk any detours except heading back to their village," he explained. "The mission is in our land itself. I need to see her in the Ronin Playoffs."

Takeo stared at his general blankly, before managing to utter a "What-"

"We need to get our hands on one of the Lords that has been threatening the villages around ours for a while now. I'll give you the details later. But we need a distraction to achieve our mission and I cannot think of one better than a half-Uchiha using the samurai elemental sword style," Mifune explained. "Prepare her to at least make it till the second round, or hold the fight long enough to get the job done. After that it's your call."

Takeo stopped short. "You're using her," he pointed out.

"I did allow her learning a few basic samurai techniques, and provided food, shelter and medics to the Hidden Leaf. It's time she proves to be of use," Mifune said, before stopping. "Unless, of course, you have a problem with it."

"Of course not," Takeo automatically answered. "It's none of my business," he muttered under his breath.