Ch. 88 Inu-Chan Returns

One of these days Akari was going to storm up to wherever the hell Konoha's barrier team was at that moment and tell them to give up on their jobs, because they weren't really making a difference ANYHOW when Itachi Uchiha was concerned. 

And at this point, Akari would rather face Jashin himself than this man. 

No wait, her face off with Jashin had been him snapping her bones like twigs. 

Okay, she couldn't decide who was worse. 

She couldn't decide whether a pissed off God was scarier than Itachi Uchiha. Damn. How powerful does a person have to be to be compared to God!?

Akari sighed as she jumped over another branch, following Itachi. 

"You have wolf summons, correct?"

"Hai," Akari murmured. "Sort of," she added under her breath.

Itachi probably chose to ignore that. "Then this should be easier," he said, stopping short as he stood on a branch. "Head to Ryuchi cave."

".... Wha-?"

"Summon your wolf and ask him to take you," Itachi said, cutting her off. 

Akari quietly nodded, contemplating if she should ask why or not. Whose side was Itachi on anyways? What was going on-?

"Kakashi knows you're with me."

That made Akari glance up. "H-Hah!?"

Before Akari could comprehend her surprise into an actual meaningful statement, she hurriedly caught a scroll that had been tossed towards her. She looked at Itachi, confused. 

"It's from your master."

Akari blinked, hesitantly touching the seal of the scroll. Was this a trick? Why would Scarecrow sensei talk to Itachi Uchiha? Itachi was a rogue-

But... they had been teammates before... plus Itachi was still technically loyal to the leaf village.  He did things on the orders of the higher ups. So it wasn't entirely impossible. 

But then again the scroll could've been something Itachi made up... however if he wanted to harm her then he didn't really need to use these tactics... he just had to look into her eyes. Akari had made a point to not look at the Uchiha's eyes since the first time he sent her into Tsukiyomi. 

She activated her Sharingan to look at the seal and it still didn't seem explosive or anything... but...

She hesitantly glanced at Itachi's feet. If he opened it, with his own hands, then the chances of her getting harmed would reduce. But he could be a clone-

Her thoughts were cut off by a sigh, as the scroll was taken from her hands, making her wince, and slender fingers opened the seal, before pointing the scroll towards her to read. 

Akari didn't question as she hesitantly deactivated her Sharingan and started reading. 

Chibi

If Itachi had written this, then he had to be really good because no one else calls her that other than Kakashi. She doubted Itachi had the time to go around searching for her nicknames, but she had long ago stopped underestimating people. 

Sorry to put you through this, however it was the safest route I could come up with, given everything. By the time you get back, there's a high possibility that we will already be at war. You are supposed to be at Turtle Island along with Iruka and a few other chunin, guarding Naruto. Someone who is impersonating you is already there at the moment.