Ch. 16 Water Dragons are Cool as long as they aren't drowning you

"Can I... stop now...?" Akari panted heavily, sweat pouring down her forehead as she rested her hands on her knees.

"Did I say you could?" Kakashi answered dryly.

"No, master," the raven-head groaned. "I've never run so much!"

"Well that explains the terrible stamina," Kakashi shrugged leaning against a tree.

"That too with weights on!" she exclaimed ignoring his comment.

"You should've thought about it before sleeping in today," Kakashi hummed.

"But you're always late! It was only one day-"

"Do you really want me to increase your weights, chibi?"

A depressed cloud formed over Akari as the tiny Uchiha sulked in a corner. "No sensei."

"Good," Kakashi smiled cheerfully. "Then you can continue your laps."

"I can't feel my legs!" she protested.

"Oh? You want to complete the laps while doing handstands then?"

"No!" Akari scowled.

"Go on then."

Akari groaned, still panting labored breathes.

"Either you move, or I'll give you more incentives to."

When he said 'incentives' Akari didn't expect a fire ball to come hurling at her.

"What the heck Scarecrow sensei!?" she exclaimed, hurriedly dodging it. Kakashi raised an eyebrow at the nickname.

"That's called a fireball, chibi. It's a ninjutsu."

"I know- Why are you trying to kill me with that ninjutsu!?" she threw her hands out in exasperation.

"As long as you keep running, I'm pretty sure you'll dodge them all," Kakashi eye-smiled. "Or," he exclaimed, as if a brilliant idea suddenly popped up into his head. "You can quit and we can both go on to our merry ways!"

Akari sweat-dropped. Why did his word sound more like quit or die?

"You can't kill your own apprentice!" she shouted.

"Lady Tsunade is pretty forgiving."

Akari was about to shout back something when she suddenly hesitated. Well, he never really did get into trouble for casting that genjutsu on her, so maybe she really was super forgiving.

"Return Inu-chan to me!"

Akari had established by now that whenever her master pulled a Scarecrow sensei, meaning whenever he did something that made her hesitate enough to not be able to speak without thinking, which was a feat in itself, she pulled an Inu-chan.

The incoming fireball was the only reply she got.

------

Akari hissed placing her arm inside the pond water, while lying at it's bank. She sighed in relief when the burning sensation on her arm decreased.

She was really happy she was alive after all those fireballs that whizzed past right behind her no matter how fast she ran. Her legs felt like they were about to fall off, and her entire body felt as if burning.

She was eternally grateful for the coolness that the bank of the pond provided. She tried to lift her legs, however the weight seals weighed them down. She reached out to remove them, when someone sharply slapped her hand away with a book.