Ch. 92 What a Typical Uchiha Blowup Aftermath Looks Like

Itachi paused on his way outside the cave when he noticed five closely huddled up creatures in his periphery.

Well, considering Sasuke's outburst a few seconds ago, their fear was understandable.

He glanced at them out of the corner of his eye.

The two human-transformed-snakes were hugging each other, with Akari's wolf summon between them, all three hiding behind Akari, with Sasuke's summon, Aoda coiled around them all.

The girl had only seemed to be on alert until now, however the moment he walked out, he saw Akari freeze from fear and stumble back.

His mere presence scared her more than a pissed-off-Sasuke then?

He had a feeling his little brother would not be pleased about this realization if he were to ever have it.

"Akari," he spoke, noticing the tiny Uchiha flinch.

She opened her mouth, before closing it and looked at him with wide eyes. He had a feeling that she was trying to respond but her voice choked up.

"Ensure no one, including yourself, goes to Sasuke for a while. Let him come out on his own after he calms down."

The kid simply bowed her head as he turned to leave.

He wanted to actually inform Akari that she was the reason Sasuke was probably not going batshit crazy and destroying the village right now.

He remembered their last encounter, where he had been pissed at her for the very same thing. He had called her naive for not realizing that Sasuke coming to destroy the Leaf could be a possibility. And it was, indeed, naive of her. However she was the reason Sasuke wasn't doing the very same thing, at least for now.

He had never imagined, even in his wildest dreams, that Sasuke would willingly get in touch with his emotions and vent about the massacre. He didn't know what him and Akari spoke about, but whatever she did, he was somewhat grateful.

And since she understood a great deal for an eleven-year-old, he would've liked her to know how.

However, seeing how terrified she was of him, for valid reasons, of course, he felt that even if he did try to speak to her, fear would block out most of her senses.

He sighed and headed out.

He should probably get to the war then. There were supposedly reainmated shinobi fighting from the enemy's side. There was only one person who could be doing that after Orochimaru is gone, as far as he knew.

Kabuto Yakushi. Orochimaru's right hand man.

The man had also been a spy like he had, so supposed he should offer him a chance to redeem himself.

There was still the uncertain factor of Danzo, but since he was a captive now in the Land of Snakes, there was very less chance that he would mess with his plans anytime soon.

He glanced back at the cave. He supposed Sasuke and Akari would manage to handle each other for a while at least.

Besides, it's not like Sasuke's outburst had been that bad when he finally agreed to speak to him about the massacre.

Sasuke's outburst had been SO bad that Akari was fucking traumatized.

For life.

Only legends like Itachi Uchiha would have walked out of that alive and sane, she thought, shuddering, as she wrapped her arms around Eisaku, hoping that that'd get her some comfort.

Akari had no idea how talking about not wanting to kill Danzo was connected to actually talking about his clan massacre. Even when she saw the two brothers walk inside a small room within the cave together, she still didn't suspect anything. They could've just gone to talk about business, instead of deeply traumatic, controversial, personal topics from the past.