Ch. 81 Guess Who's Back?

It was late at night, and there was more silence than usual around the ramen shop known as Ichiraku. 

Any shinobi in their right minds would currently be sleeping because of the suddenly increased workload they have had since the past few days. Also because these few days are probably the only days they'll be able to sleep peacefully before the Fourth Great Shinobi War.

Then there was one special jonin and one elite jonin in front of the ramen shop, both sighing collectively as one thirteen-year-old Akio Kaneko glared at one eleven-year-old Akari Hatake.

"You." Both of them deadpanned together.

Kakashi frowned slightly, trying to remember if he had ever seen Akio and Akari interact before.

Come to think of it, out of all of Akari's friends he had only met her 'all time bestie' Haru Mizuhi, the T&I brat, and her flat-mate. 

Kakashi knocked Akari on the head, making her look at him with an over-dramatically betrayed expression.

"Is that how we greet people now, chibi?" he simply eye-smiled. 

Akari pouted for a second before plastering a smile. "Hi Akio! What's up? How've you been?"

Genma sweat-dropped. "That sounded... unnatural," he muttered under his breath before turning to look at Kakashi. "Our apprentices don't get along, Kakashi-san, that's why," he explained. 

"They don't?" Kakashi raised an eyebrow. 

He hadn't really met many people that Akari did not get along with. Sure, the brat got into trouble a lot and did annoy a majority of the people she knew, but at the end of the day they just got along after some bickering.

Well... maybe he had heard his apprentice rant about Akio once or twice.

He had only trained the boy on a few occasions while Akari was out on her mission, before he got busy with the 'stand-in Hokage' thing. He hadn't really ever seen their... dynamic.

Akari sighed happily. "I'm not even bummed that my master doesn't know this. That's how happy I am today," she smiled giddily.

"I thought so, considering you agreed to greet Akio happily like a normal person," Genma pointed out.

"She's anything but normal," Akio muttered under his breath, making Genma sweat-drop again.

All three of them sweat-dropped when they saw Akari just smile at him happily and squeal.

"What's wrong with her...?" Akio questioned Kakashi wearily.

Kakashi simply shook his head. "She acts drunk when she's too happy."

"I know that-"

Akio cut himself off when Genma raised an eyebrow looking at him.

"She was in my graduating class, sensei, everyone knows that, stop giving me that look," he grumbled annoyed. "What I meant to ask was, what made her THAT happy?"

The copy ninja regretted ever answering to her 'I love you so much, master!'

"She's easy to please," Kakashi answered shortly before changing the topic. "What are you two doing here at this time?"

"I was making up to my apprentice for... uh... yeah," Genma laughed awkwardly.

The three of them looked at Akio who looked down into his now-empty ramen bowl with a small scowl that was dangerously crossing over into pout territory. 

"Disowning me," he shortly answered, making Kakashi and Akari sweat-drop.

"I never disowned you, Akio," Genma sighed.