Ch. 94 Messing With Rogues

A/N - I know I'm very late this time and I'd like to thank you guys for being so patient. I know I usually give a list of things that I was busy with, but I've already made you guys wait long enough to prolong this note with my excuses. Starting with the author's note just to let you guys know how much it means to me for those of you who are patiently sticking around. 
Hope you enjoy the chapter!! <3

-------------------

"You  used to like Sara, ne?" 

Haru's face flushed as he smacked Oda on the shoulder. "That was long ago!"

"Ow," Oda grumbled. "Well, at least we know you have a strong reaction to embarrassing questions. Noted."

Haru scowled. "Why are you even bringing it up now!?"

Oda shrugged. "Let's just say I'm gathering intel on your past... for future use."

Haru sweat-dropped. "You are really getting into this whole future head of T&I thing." He sighed. "But for real, it was a passing crush, I guess. She was the prettiest girl in our class. All Yamanakas look gorgeous."

"So you don't like her anymore?"

"Not really," he shrugged.  "Plus she was often rude to Akari a lot of times and then I couldn't ignore it anymore," he sighed. "I'm not saying I hate her. Plus she has changed a lot from our academy days. I just realized that my crush on her was simply attraction and nothing else."

"You really seem to care about Akari a lot."

"Well... she is my best friend. And not many people care for her. And after seeing the way the villagers treated her in the past... it just made me protective of her, I guess."

"Okay," a familiar irritating voice irritated them belonging to the only female Uzumaki they knew, who was also a locked up criminal. "Are all your heart-to-hearts going to happen in this T&I cell!?" she shrieked. "Why don't one of you let me out instead!? I know this whole sappy-ass story about a random-ass friend group of children from the leaf village!"

Haru and Oda blinked at her. "Do you?" Oda questioned.

"Yes!" she shrieked. "You. Oda," she pointed at him. "The sadistic T&I brat. And you, Haru, from the Mizuhi clan, best friend of this Akari person and had a crush on this Yamanaka called Sara. Sara has a crush on Akio and Akio used to be this emo genius that is there in every generation but improved. He is from Kaneko clan."

Oda and Haru exchanged a glance, looking slightly impressed. 

"I can't listen to this nonsense anymore! Let me out!!"

Oda glared at her. "Shut it or we'll bring Sara out."

Karin Uzumaki scowled at him, before reluctantly keeping her mouth closed.

"Wow, that always works," Akio popped up from behind them, handing both of them a bottle of water and a snack as he sat down beside them.

"Thanks," Oda said, before nudging Haru. 

"...Yeah whatever. Thanks," he grumbled.

Akio raised his eyebrows in exasperation. "I don't think we have ever fought except that one time you punched me. What do you have against me again?"

"There's this friend-code which says all enemies of your besties are by definition your enemies too."

"Again, Akari," he groaned.

"I'm worried about Akari," Oda spoke up. "Last time I saw her was when her, Sara and I were walking near the outskirts of the village, before Itachi Uchiha had shown up, and then before I knew, I passed out and woke up at the hospital."