Ch. 37 Using the Blackmail Material on Grumpy Snow White!

"Say... Haru?"

"Yeah?"

"How did you get that bruise on your face?" Akari questioned, blinking at him curiously as she turned a page of the book she was reading at the library.

"Well, you see, Akio has an exact same bruise on his face," Haru nodded proudly.

"... weird."

"Why are you so oblivious?" Haru sighed. "Never mind. Find anything?"

"Itachi Uchiha slaughtered the Uchiha clan on my birthday," Akari deadpanned. "What the heck, I already knew that. Then there's Sasuke Uchiha, the sole Uchiha survivor."

Akari slammed the book shut. "Haru," she called, annoyed.

"Hm... yeah?" he answered skeptically.

"Am I an Uchiha or not?" she demanded. "Because I survived the stupid massacre too. Because of my parents! And I'm not mentioned here! Like just tell me, am I an Uchiha or not!? I'll be more than happy if I'm not one, but then why do people keep taunting me for being one!? Like come to a decision, people!" she ranted, annoyed.

Haru sighed. "Just keep doing your own thing," he shrugged. "Who cares what you are?"

"I want to know what I am," Akari grumbled under her breath. "Everything about the massacre except who did it is confidential," she groaned.

"Maybe that's all there is to it," Haru suggested. "Itachi Uchiha went nuts and killed everyone. End of story."

"Killed everyone but left his brother?" Akari raised an eyebrow. "If he was nuts then why'd he leave his brother alive? Or was Sasuke just strong enough to fight Itachi off at the age of four?"

"That doesn't... seem very likely..."

"Also why was that Danzo guy so conscious about me knowing more about that day? he literally kidnapped an old lady just for that!"

"If Sasuke Uchiha hadn't gone rogue, we could've asked him," Haru sighed. "Didn't you ever talk to him when he was in the village?"

"Nope, I lived at the outskirts of the Uchiha district, where supposedly my parents' house was, for a few months before shifting to another apartment because that place seemed creepy to me after the orphanage. Too quiet," she shuddered. "I only saw him a few times, but he always kept to himself," she shrugged.

"He wasn't close to anyone? At all?"

Akari frowned. "Well, he was a student of Scarecrow sensei... but I don't think he's the best person to question about Sasuke."

"Why not?"

"He just isn't," Akari deadpanned, remembering all the times he lost his temper on her for bringing up his past.

Haru sweat-dropped at the deadpanning response. "Okay, you got another option then?"

Akari groaned, slamming her head on the table.

"If your master was his sensei then was he part of a team?" Haru questioned curiously, making Akari stop short.

"That's it! He has other ex-teammates!" she exclaimed. "We're going to the pink Goddess!"

-------

"Lord Danzo," an ANBU kneeled in front of the familiar old bandaged councilman.

"Something to report?"

"Nothing special. The half-Uchiha seems to be looking into the Uchiha massacre though.

"I told Hiruzen that she and Sasuke would be a threat to the village. I told them. I reminded Tsunade the same thing when Sasuke went rogue. And now I'm telling her that this brat will be no different, but they never listen do they?" Danzo spoke calmly. "Half-Uchiha or not, their blood still runs through her veins. Uchihas have always threatened our village."