Ch. 69 Lord Jashin

"To  the Leaf village?"

"Yep," Akari nodded.

Bull uncertainly glanced at the scroll on his back. "This is a scroll full of humans," he wrinkled his nose.

"Hey! Don't be like that, they're survivors that need help!"

"And a dead Jashinist as sample," the ninken added.

"Come on Bull, don't be so dramatic."

Bull sighed. "Aren't you coming along?"

"I've one more thing that I need to inspect. I'll be joining soon," Akari smiled reassuringly. "Now go."

She glanced back after she saw Bull's back disappear.

Now to the temple of this village.

Akari winced, glancing at her injured thigh for a second. She really should return soon.

-------------

Lord Jashin was, in all the sense of the word, a God. Popularly known as 'the wicked deity' when he had descended on the globe, because of the chaos and calamity he caused.

Everyone knew to stay away from his temples. His followers. Anything associated with him.

His followers knew what pleased him. Death. Sacrifices of dead people.

Very few people every generation could ever manage to kill enough people to offer to him, please him, and bear the burden of his power.

The last person who attained his power and survived had been Hidan, who offered his entire village as sacrifice in order to achieve that feat.

So it wasn't very often that he found a pile of his now dead followers in his own temple with an eleven year old sitting on top of it.

Akari flinched when five pairs of maroon colored hands appeared in front of her, right in front of the idol that the people of the temple worshipped. Then a body appeared, which seemed to be levitating off the floor, wearing a traditional old cloak. Then two horns, and finally the face with huge canines bulging out of his mouth and a necklace of human heads around his neck.

Akari stared as Lord Jashin himself appeared in front of her.

"My my," his voice was deep and husky, it had a low tone as if someone was scraping their nails on a blackboard, and Akari's chest rumbled along with the sound. So did the entire temple, Akari realized when she saw the ground below her shaking. "What do we have here?"

Akari froze when the deity stepped forward.

Maybe this wasn't that great of an idea.

Sure, she had wanted to see what move this Lord Jashin pulls when she offered his own half-dead followers to him as sacrifice, but him appearing in front of her himself was not what she had been expecting.

"Sacrificing Jashinists to me, that's a nice quirk," his voice rumbled. "But I doubt you're doing this out of loyalty for me."

Akari gulped.

This was pure evil standing in front of her in the form of a God.

Questioning her loyalty to him.

And she was pretty sure that she was not evil.

So... ah... crap.

"Which only means one thing. You are mocking me."

Akari felt everything freeze for a second before she was thrown across the temple with great force, her back slamming against several pillars, before she finally came to a halt at the temple walls, her back aching because of several broken bones. The red God in front of her smiled, showing his canines clearly.