Ch. 74 Only Family Left

Akari ran through the streets of the village, searching frantically for a familiar face, as she covered her nose to prevent smoke from entering her system.

Since the past month, every time she woke up she got thrown into some or the other fight. With Jashin, the wolves, Sasuke, Itachi, and now this, she didn't know how much she could take anymore before mentally breaking down.

She shook her head. Now wasn't the time for sulking. She needed to find a familiar face. Scarecrow sensei, Haru, hell even Akio! Wait... where were the civilians!? Where was Ohana and all the old people she loved so much where were-

She shook her head. "Focus," she whispered to herself. Have faith in your Hokage she weakly thought to herself, something they had been drilled to believe in since the academy.

Hokage... Hokage tower! she almost face palmed. Of course, going to the Hokage tower would be her best bet. 

She took a turn before taking to the rooftops to get a better view of things. However a sudden barrage of... paper(?) suddenly flying towards her had her duck, before rolling over to look at the source. 

She saw a woman with blue hair controlling the pieces of paper and wielding them as a weapon...

"Wow," Akari muttered to herself, before jumping down. So she was an enemy... but how could this paper-lady alone cause all the destruction she saw along the way?

Suddenly a giant drill-beaked bird flew over her. It had a prominent jagged yellow coloured beak, and three legs, as it flew over another row of houses dropping eggs.

Akari suddenly got the answer to how the houses got destroyed.

Those eggs exploded!

She narrowed her eyes, trying to trace out who the master of that bird was. She suddenly saw a large puff of white smoke, which indicates a summoning, appear from somewhere close by.

She jumped off the roof and sprinted in the direction of the white smoke, her hands already readying the fireball jutsu.

The moment she saw a flash of clothing in the trees and felt the dangerous chakra, she jumped back, instantly performing the fire style fireball jutsu. It still wasn't as big as she'd like it to be without her seals, but for now it would have to do.

She wanted to check in first before seriously injuring the enemy.

She took a step forward when the vision cleared, only to be suddenly thrown back as she saw a huge multi-headed dog appear above her.

She rolled to the side when she saw a huge pair of feet almost slamming down on her. Akari jumped to the nearest tree.

"Take out the summoner and the summons poof," she murmured, readying her sword.

"Sakura-san!"

The sixteen year old medic prodigy whipped her head back to look at the thirteen or so year old Yamanaka.

"I-I can't heal this wound," she whispered, her arms trembling.

"Bring her to me," Sakura did not hesitate for one moment. 

She had never done something as big as look after the entire hospital while the village had been under attack. She was scared.

Lady Shizune was unconscious (she would believe Shizune was alive and was simply under the effects of a jutsu, at least until the invasion was over).

 Tsunade-sama was healing everyone she could with the help of Katsuyu. She hated to think about the after effects of using such an advance jutsu over such a wide range of people.