Ch. 72 Been So Stupid

It wasn't every day that a pack of wolves who had sworn loyalty to you like few hours ago tried to kill you while you slept in a cottage that they arranged for you.

But Akari... she was just exceptional.

If it hadn't been for Eisaku nii, she'd probably be dead right now.

She had fought an entire pack of ninja wolf once to claim her place as their alpha.

And then she had fought said pack again, injured and low on chakra, with the help of Eisaku-nii, to protect herself from what was supposed to be her pack now, because they didn't want to accept her as their alpha.

Eisaku had seemed just as surprised as she had been when he saw their fiercest wolf, Eiji, quietly heading towards where she had been sleeping. 

Akari gritted her teeth looking at the few wolves that were laying around her, battered and bruised, being the last ones to fall.

"I thought wolves were proud creatures who didn't go back on their words," she gritted out. "You swear loyalty to me one second and then the next second this big guy is burning down the place where I'm sleeping," she glared at Eiji, who was laying on the ground.

"Say, what about it? You tried killing me so it's only fair for me to do the same, ne?" she spat, pissed, drawing out her sword.

"Akari," Eisaku muttered from behind her.

She closed her eyes to calm herself.

Right. They were still his pack.

The snow white wolf, also as her self-declared brother, walked beside her towards an injured Eiji.

Both of them stared at each other in silence for a few seconds, Eisaku's amber eyes darkening a shade before he finally whispered, in pure disbelief, "Why?" 

"Orders."

Eisaku stopped short. "Eik?"

Eiji nodded his injured head slightly. Akari felt her fist clench below her, before a dark shadow fell above her eyes.

"Say, Eiji, you were sworn to Eik until you'd get a new master, ne?"

The wolf that had seemed golden and magnificent the first time she had fought him simply glanced down, avoiding her eyes.

"Akari, you need to understand, it's not easy for us to disobey Eik," Eisaku muttered beside her.

She stopped short before sighing. "I'll never want to be the alpha to a pack like this," she ground out, hearing a few gasps around her.

"Don't insult my pack," an equally annoyed voice ground out. She glared at Eisaku.

"You called me here, Eisaku-nii! You're the reason this is happening!" she exclaimed, annoyed.

"I did it on orders," he growled. "You think we'd let an Uchiha step foot on the Land of Wolves!? After what they've done!?"

Akari's words died on her tongue.

An Uchiha.

It all rounds back to her being an Uchiha.

Eisaku stopped short before starting again. "What I mean is... don't insult my pack Akari, they're precious to-"

"Get me out of here," Eisaku was cut off by a quiet voice.

"... Akari-"

"I just need to reverse summon myself again, right?" she muttered, making hand signs.

"Are you even listening to me!?" Eisaku growled.

"Don't ever summon me here again, tell Eik to find himself another alpha, I'll gladly do whatever formality you need for getting another summoner," Akari ignored Eisaku glancing down.