family tradition

Lan Wangji has long since wanted the chance to make Wei Wuxian his, and such an opportunity presents itself at an exhibition night hunt orchestrated by the Jin. Luckily, he has a tried and tested family text to help him through the process of claiming and bitching his soon-to-be-wife.

Alternatively: Phoenix Mountain sexy times, ABO non-con style.

Wei Wuxian is an alpha. He is strong and commandeering in everything he does – it’s one of the reasons his relationship with the Jiang heir is so strained. It is clear to Lan Wangji that he doesn’t mean to, but even rail-thin and steeped in resentful energy his mere presence commands respect. Jiang Wanyin, on the other hand, has always fallen short – as an alpha, as a heir, as a cultivator.

Jiang Wanyin does not deserve Wei Wuxian.

Not his loyalty, not his genius, not even his presence.

No, the only person who could even hope to match Wei Wuxian’s effortless presence is Lan Wangji.

While the rules forbid arrogance, Lan Wangji does not hold back from acknowledging this as truth – he cannot be accused of being arrogant if he’s seen it proved countless times over as people try to stand up to the man only to consistently fail where the famed Hanguang-jun has always ensured at least a draw.

Lan Wangji doesn’t want a draw. Despite what is said about him, how he is so cold it’s certain that he’s managed to freeze his own alpha, his own personality reduced to frigid glares and the scent of frost and sandalwood, Lan Wangji’s alpha is not frozen. Far from it, actually. It does not hide within the dark recesses of his mind, bound by his 3,000 rules. More often than not, he is his alpha, a seething ball of rage and instincts barely contained by his sacred forehead ribbon.

Lan Wangji, his alpha, does not want a draw when he goes toe to toe with his Wei Ying. He wants submission, complete and all-encompassing. He needs it.

Coming across Wei Wuxian on Phoenix Mountain, Lan Wangji is unsure if their meeting is a blessing or a curse. In the end, it doesn’t matter, because it is a chance.

Wei Wuxian perks up form his lazy slouch in a low-hanging tree branch when he approaches. The black fabric of his self-imposed blindfold catches the light as he tilts his head, unintentionally baring the smooth skin of his neck to Lan Wangji’s hungry gaze.

“Lan Zhan? Is that you?”

Lan Wangji pauses, a stride away from something he’ll never be able to come back from. Part of him wishes that Wei Wuxian’s sense of smell had also been blocked along with his eyesight, wondering just how he would react if someone completely unknown were to do what Lan Wangji is planning on doing.

He shakes himself, taking that final step, leaning in and breathing Wei Wuxian’s peppercorn and petrichor scent in deeply.

Wei Wuxian is frowning now, unseeing eyes turned in his direction, still relaxed in his posture and scent.

“Lan Zhan, are you feeling alright? You smell a little –”