Dressing the part

Lan Wangji surprises Wei Ying with a lot of new garments, jewellery, make-up and scented oils for him to wear. He is the husband of the Second Jade of Lan, after all, so he should look the part. Of course, feels and sex ensue.

'Oh heavens, what is the grand Hanguang-Jun planning to do to this poor cultivator? And in the middle of the day, no less!' Wei Ying grinned cheekily as Lan Wangji directed him up the stairs of a Gusu inn they frequented often, his face betraying nothing. 'Towards the suite?'

'Mn.'

'I do hope they won't bring up the fact that we broke that table leg last time. It was a lovely table, only...' Another smug grin. 'Not as sturdy as we had hoped.'

Lan Wangji did not respond to the jest, but he did allow the memory of that particular night to flash before his eyes, recalling it with fondness.

Wei Ying's one hand rested on his belt, and he untied the knot with one hand, turning towards Hanguang-Jun, his other hand resting on the door towards the suite. 'You may have to silence me, my love,' he whispered, just loud enough for Lan Wangji to hear, 'unless you want all of Gusu to know how the Second Jade of Lan treats his poor husband.'

'Mn.' Lan Wangji stepped towards him and pressed Wei Ying against the door with his body, claiming his lips with his own. 'Wei Ying will have to behave.'

'You'll have to make me.'

'I will.' He wound an arm around Wei Ying's waist to prevent him from collapsing as he opened the door. 'Inside.'

Wei Ying purred and turned around. Lan Wangji held the end of his belt and it unwound from around his lover's slim waist. A giggle rose from Wei Ying's throat, light as a bubble, only to burst the second he stepped inside the suite and laid eyes on a surprising sight.

'Lan Zhan?'

Lan Wangji closed the door behind himself and stuck a silencing talisman to the wood, followed Wei Ying into the spacious chambers. The sitting area and the large bed looked tidy and welcoming as always: the doors towards the balcony were opened and a gentle breeze played with the white gauze curtains. But the aforementioned large table at the middle of the room was now decked out with precious fabrics in white, blue, black, red, pale gold and Yunmeng-purple, and several boxes of wood, lacquered wood, bone, stone and even silver. Wei Ying turned, eyed Lan Wangji and asked, gesturing at the table: 'What is this?'

Lan Wangji stepped closer, took Wei Ying's hand in his palm, brought it to his lips and brushed the knuckles with his nose before pressing a kiss to the back of the hand. 'Wei Ying is my husband.'

'Yes?'

'Wei Ying is now the spouse of Lan-er-gongzi, the heir to Cloud Recesses, lord of Gusu.'

'Yes.'

'Wei Ying deserves to be dressed every bit as the noble consort he is.'

'Oh,' said Wei Ying, eyes wide. He turned half so he could eye the heaps of garments on the table. 'This is... For me?'

'For us.' Lan Wangji released his hand. 'For you to wear, for me to admire.' He laid a hand at the small of Wei Ying's back and directed him into the light, whispered to the shell of his ear: 'Why don't you undress, my darling, and I will tell you what to put on.' He gripped the fabric of the black outer robe at Wei Ying's shoulders and pulled it down his arms. Silently, Wei Ying untied the black sash around his waist. It alarmed Lan Wangji a little: was this to do with the surprise? He waited for his husband to fold his sash and place it on the only corner of the table not already occupied, then slid his hands underneath the fabric of Wei Ying's black tight-sleeved robe from behind, and pulled him against his chest. 'My love? Why are you so quiet? Do you not like my gift?'

He heard Wei Ying gasp softly for breath. 'I'm... I'm just a little overwhelmed...' Lan Wangji kissed the nape of his neck before turning him around. Wei Ying buried his face against the white of his robe. Lan Zhan brushed his back and waited for his loved one's breathing to slow.