dressing the part 3

Wei Ying pretended not to notice and grabbed the outer robe. It was a sheer garment in a powdery lavender, embroidered with small lotus flowers in green and white. Wei Ying slipped his arms into the wide sleeves, laced the garment up and draped the wide, purple-pink sash around his waist, cinching his middle down even further. Wei Ying eyed him slyly from underneath his eyelashes before turning around in a slow circle.

'Does my appearance please my lord?' he asked.

Lan Wangji had to swallow in order to let his voice be heard. 'The rosewood box, to your left,' he instructed.

'Hmm?' Wei Ying scanned the table with his eyes. It was a rather large box, square, the lid inlaid with mother of pearl and green jade to form another lotus. He picked the box up, placed it at the edge of the table before lifting the lid. His breath hitched, and a thin smile danced at the corner of Lan Wangji's mouth.

Wei Ying carefully took a green jade and amethyst hairpin out of the box, cradling it in his palm. 'Lan Zhan! These are...'

'Jewels perfectly befitting an honourable daughter of the Yunmeng Jiang clan,' Lan Wangji filled in. 'Go on.' He gestured at the bronze mirror at the other side of the table. Wei Ying took the red ribbon out of his hair and his long ebony locks cascaded freely over his back. A silver comb rested on the side table by the mirror, next to a number of ceramic jars of rouge in shades of red, pink and gold. Wei Ying lifted the comb and started combing his long tresses of hair, before tying it back in the fashion of unwed maidens. He added the pin, judged his appearance in the mirror and decided to move the pin a little to the left.

'Don't forget to paint your lips,' warned Lan Wangji, and Wei Ying – unusually quiet – chuckled softly. A few moments later, he turned to Lan Wangji and walked towards him, taking small, ladylike steps instead of his usual strides, his hands folded nimbly in front of his midriff, and Lan Wangji folded his hands over his lap to prevent a scandalous sight. Jiang Yanli had been a fine looking young woman – not at all Lan Wangji's type, obviously – but this sister of hers who had suddenly appeared into the Gusu suite would have had him begging for her hand in a heartbeat, had he ever had the pleasure of making her acquaintance in Lotus Pier. Wei Ying was a vision in the soft Jiang robes.

'Have I rendered the great Hanguang-Jun speechless?' Wei Ying smiled, but his eyes remained coyly averted.

'This one cannot wait to ravage the young lady of Lotus Pier,' groaned Lan Wangji.

Another chuckle. 'Then what are you waiting for?'

'She is not ready.' Lan Wangji nodded at the rosewood box, not wanting to lift his hands resting on his engorged member.

'Oh.' Miss Ying turned towards the table, picked up the green jade bracelets and slipped them around his slim wrists. Then he picked up a second circular object, made of green jade. It was too small to be a bracelet, too large for a ring. 'What is this...?'

Lan Wangji smiled knowingly, and felt the tips of his ears burn with want for his pretty husband. 'It decorates your naked flesh, underneath your skirts, my love.'

Wei Ying lost his ladylike composure and burst into laughter. 'Lan Zhan! You naughty, deviant man!'

'Come now,' said he. 'That is no way to thank your husband, lǎo pó.'

Wei Ying smirked. 'Very well.' He reached underneath his skirts, the fabric obscured Lan Wangji's vision but he could tell what his loved one was up to by the expression on his face: anticipation, at first, then a hint of discomfort as he tried to slip the ring around his probably too engorged sex. Lan Wangji had had to estimate the circumference of his lover's cock and balls when he ordered the ring to be made, and he knew Wei Ying's pretty little dick would have to be flaccid in order for the ring to fit.

'Are you alright, my dear?' he teased. 'Perhaps a bit of oil might help you. Try the other jars by the mirror.'