dressing the part 2

'Will you tell me...?'

'Oh.' Wei Ying sniffled. 'It's silly, but... since Madam Yu was the one in charge of the Jiang clan household, she was also responsible for my clothes and uniforms. She'd never pass on the opportunity to make me feel inferior: so she had me wear Jiang Cheng's hand-me-down small clothes and the rest of my clothes were always made of inferior fabrics, and whenever I would rip them she would scold me or beat me over it. Even though I was Yunmeng Jiang's first disciple, she wouldn't allow me to wear the Jiang colours, ever.'

Lan Wangji felt an angry blush creep to his cheeks. Of course that awful woman wouldn't have left such a chance unused to make Wei Ying feel miserable. He hugged him tightly. 'You may now wear whichever colour you wish, my darling. If you so desire, I would change the meaning of Lan from blue to pink for you.'

Wei Ying chuckled softly. 'You would, wouldn't you?'

'Mn.' Lan Wangji waited for Wei Ying to free himself from the embrace, then kissed his forehead, where a Lan ribbon might someday adorn him. 'I had a garment made in the palette of your adoptive home. Would you try it on for me?'

Wei Ying smiled weakly. 'Why would you do that? Am I not a Lan by marriage now? When would it be suitable for me to wear my old sect colours?'

'Some garments are meant to be worn privately.' Lan Wangji marvelled at the way Wei Ying's cheeks pinkened.

'Husband. How shameless!'

'Next time my dear one plays the role of the innocent, virgin first disciple of Lotus Pier, he may look the part.'

The rose blush turned to a lovely crimson. Lan Wangji stole a small kiss from his husband before directing him towards the pile of purple and lavender robes. He settled onto the comfortable daybed, which had been moved to the middle of the room, so he could have a good look at his spouse as he undressed.

The black, tight-sleeved robe formed a little puddle on the floor. Wei Ying bent over so he could take off his boots and set them aside before plucking at the lacing of the blood red foundation garment. Red looked sumptuous on Wei Ying, and although he and Lan Wangji had eloped and performed their bows in private, without ever having had the elaborate wedding ceremony the Second Jade of Lan would be due and with no expectations of such a feast being held in the near future to celebrate their union, Lan Wangji had had a beautiful red wedding garment made for his loved one, complete with a veil and costly jewellery befitting Wei Ying's station. They were hidden among the many other clothes, for now.

The red robe joined the black one on the floor. Wei Ying turned towards his husband and Lan Wangji's eyes widened at the sight of his husband's perky brown nipples, and particularly the bruise around the left one he had marked his husband with last night. Playfully, Wei Ying brushed his fingers over the bare, sun-kissed skin of his abdomen, just above the waistband of his trousers, before unlacing them too and sliding them down his lean thighs. Wei Ying's half-hard dick jumped up happily, unperturbed by the prospect of playing dress-up instead of the other game Wei Ying had had in mind. Lan Wangji suppressed the desire to get up, rein his husband in by his hair ribbon and stroking his hand over the velvety flesh of his lovers' sex. Instead, he leaned back into the pillows.

Wei Ying pouted a little, turned towards the table and ran a hand over the bright purple robe, made of a light, exquisite silk. There were no foundation garments: Wei Ying could always wear some of the many other small clothes underneath this purple robe, but Lan Wangji didn't intend for him to ever wear anything underneath, and so he shouldn't today, either. Wei Ying seemed to grasp that, because he wrapped the purple robe around himself without bothering to put anything else on first. The robe had been cut in a woman's fashion, with long seams from bosom to ankle which would normally emphasise a woman's narrow waist. Wei Ying possessed something of a woman's waifishness, with his impossibly slender waist and round bottom, and the robe served to accentuate that. Lan Wangji's mouth went dry and he licked his lips.