consensual infidelity

Everyone knew Jiang Yanli's wedding to the Jin sect heir was a cold one. He had been very vocal about her lack of appealing qualities since he was a child, and even though they'd become somewhat of friends after maturing, there was no love on either side.

"Even though I don't feel any romantic inclinations towards you, I wouldn't ever disrespect you with another woman," Jin Zixuan had said on their wedding night, fully clothed as they sat on their martial bed. Jiang Yanli had smiled, poured them both wine, after which they changed and slept.

Every other night after that day, they slept in their own chambers, close in distance, but still within different rooms in different places. Since Jin Guangshan was still in his prime, there was no need for any pressure of an heir, and they were both happy about it. Still, Jiang Yanli didn't want her husband to live without any love or relief, a department she herself was quite lucky in.

.

"A-Xian, welcome to koi tower," she smiled at her younger sect sister, who'd arrived the morning with a few other Jiang disciples who'd stay with their Lady Jiang for the time. Wei Wuxian was the first to volunteer, sick and tired of Uncle Jiang trying to get her to marry Jiang Cheng (her brother!!) and Aunt Yu subtly giving her more and more sect responsibilities.

A chance to be with her favourite person in the world was a miracle for her.

"Come, shijie will dress you up today," Jiang Yanli said and both of them went to her chambers. For the banquet in the evening in honour of the Jiang disciples arriving, she was required to be in formal robes, which she didn't own.

"My A-Xian is the prettiest girl in the world," Jiang Yanli said in delight as she admired her work. Wei Wuxian was wearing a golden robe with purple borders, it was neck high and covered her collarbones fully, giving her an innocent look. The sleeves were fitting, so was the waist, but the lower part was free-flowing, giving the illusion of gliding as she walked.

Her hair was tied in one single loose braid, with flowers fitted in. Wei Wuxian was horrible with make up, but Jiang Yanli had applied a thin pink shimmery gloss to her plump lips, and highlighted her doe eyes. Feeling a little daring, she'd stuck a diamond shaped silver bindi on her forehead, in the same place the Jin sect wore their vermilion dot. Wei Wuxian looked like a pure angel.

"Does Jin Zixuan treat shijie well?" Wei Wuxian asked as she looked up at her sister in the mirror, who smiled.

"We both know I'm not the sister he likes," she replied teasingly and watched the other blush.

"Shijie.."

"Don't worry A-Xian, we are friends. I've found a beautiful maiden mianmian who is much more appealing to me. Of course, I'd never betray my husband, nor would I see my sister unhappy, which is why this shijie is going to visit her husband's chambers tonight, with you of course." She said as she linked hands with Wei Ying, both of them walking out of the room.

"Shijie! I'd never take your husband away, I won't!" Wei Wuxian whisper-shouted, even as her cheeks became pink once again.

"No one's taking my husband, I'm simply offering him you," she said and they entered the hall where the banquet was just starting. Everyone bowed to the young madam Jin and young mistress Jiang, as they took their seats on a single setty, near to the Sect heads throne, but secluded from the visiting guests. Jiang Yanli sat beside her husband, and her sister beside her.