one

"And the audition you had today was good?"

"Yes, dad. It was great." Addie replied as she flipped her chicken quesadilla in its pan.

"Oh that's great to hear Addie. When will you hear back?"

"Hopefully soon. I feel like it went really well."

"I'm sure it did. You are very talented."

"Thank you dad. It means a lot to me."

"Are you ever going to tell me what company or show it is for?"

"Nope. That's a secret for only me to know."

"Fine, but you better call us right away if you get the part."

"I will, I swear."

"Alright, I've got to go. Love you hun."

"Love you too dad." She smiled as she hung up the phone.

Growing up as the daughter to two of Hollywood's greatest actors wasn't the easiest. As mentioned earlier, her parents sheltered the two girls from their fame, but once they were older, the press didn't care. And therefore, they were practically pushed into the spotlight.

Aurora, being a model, lived a more famous and fabulous life than Addie did. She was one of the worlds highest paid models last year. Addie, on the other hand, had famous friends, none of which she considered close, due to the fact that most of them were fake, or only close to her because of her parents.

The only people that truly saw something in her were her parents. And Aurora.

Addie lived downtown LA, in your typical high rise building that overlooked the entire city. And she paid enough money for it as she lived alone, but since she had been acting here and there over the years, it worked out fine, plus she always had help from her family if she needed. Sure some months were slow, but she learned how to save her money, putting some into investing, which also helped increase the value, allowing her to have more for later on.

Now she totally had access to a fund that her parents set up, with way too much money it in. But she had never touched it. And she didn't plan to unless something happened. She wanted to earn her own money.

She didn't want people to think she was handed things. And she truly didn't want to be handed anything else in life. Again, she wanted to earn it. And she would. She was talented, but she didn't know just how talented she was.

Addie swiped through Instagram, seeing all the pictures of her sister with her model best friends. Even though Aurora was a few years older than Gigi, and Kendall, she still fit into their group as if she was their age. She was acquaintances with Bella and Kylie, but again, it wasn't her usual group of friends. And truly she didn't have many close friends. She had one. One that she had had for years.

Jade.

She met Jade in high school. Jade didn't judge her for her parents, nor assume that she was meant to be nothing. Jade was like her platonic soulmate in a way. She had been there for her for everything, like when her boyfriend of 2 years cheated on her, or when her grandpa died, or when she was struggling with her mental health and needed additional support. Jade was always there and in turn, she was there for Jade.

Enough backstory for now, back to the main event...

Seven days went by without hearing back about Euphoria.

Seven.

But luckily, she was doing a commercial for a company, whose products she didn't even fucking like, but it didn't matter because it was still helping put her foot in the door. Plus, she was getting paid, and who doesn't love a pay check?