forty-seven

The Depp's had a busy Christmas Day. Between opening gifts and then planning and preparing for a party, they'd barely had any time to lounge.

"Honey, what are you wearing?" Winona asked as she walked into Addie's unofficial, but official room.

"I'm still deciding." She groaned, "What do you want us to wear?"

"You already know what I'm going to say."

"Fancy."

"It's a holiday! We have to celebrate."

"That's your mother's excuse for wanting to dress up." Johnny added as he walked by, "Just say you want to look stunning, darling."

"Oh, stop it." Winona teased back.

"Red?"

"If you'd like." Winona grinned, "Is Austin coming tonight?"

"He is."

"What about your other friends? Is um, Jacob? Or Drew? Or Maude? Madelyn-"

"They have their own plans tonight." Addie quickly replied, "Sadly."

"Maybe next year."

"Maybe." Addie said, pulling out a dress, "I think I'll wear this tonight."

"It's beautiful."

"I'm gonna go see if Rory wants to match." Addie skipped along down the hall to Rory's room, "If I wear this, will you-"

"Yes. I will match with you. I have a vision." Rory smiled, "Now go get ready."

"On it." Addie grinned as she went back to her room, starting to get ready for the night ahead.

Just as Addie was finishing putting on her dress and heels, Winona knocked on the door, a smile on her face.

"You look beautiful, sweetie."

"So do you, mom!"

"You got a package."

She furrowed her brow, "What? From who?"

"There's no name." Winona explained, "But there's flowers and a package alongside it."

"Oh." Addie gasped softly as she followed her mom out to the kitchen to see.

"I bet it's from Austin!" Rory exclaimed as she followed, excitedly.

Addie saw the bouquet of flowers. Pink tulips. One of her favourites.

Her brow furrowed, who is this from?

She opened the package, only to reveal two records. She chewed on the inside of her cheek, reading the note left on the outer cover of each record. The handwriting...she knew the handwriting.

It was when she looked at the songs, that she knew.

Hers and Drew's top 25 songs.

Twelve on one record and thirteen on the other.

"Wow, that's really special. Austin went out of his way to give you this." Winona smiled, "Why didn't he just wait until tonight?"