forty-four

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you, Drew!" Addie sung the second Drew picked up the FaceTime call.

"You called right at midnight."

"It's actually 5 pm over here but-"

"Oh, whatever." He chuckled, "But thank you."

"So, how does it feel to be old?"

"I'm not old."

"Uh, you're 27. That's old."

"It is not. I'm still young."

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing you." She smiled.

"Thanks for calling. You were the first one."

"Well, I had to fulfill my duty as your friend."

"And you did."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Do you want me to let you go? You seem busy-"

"Please. When am I ever busy?"

She laughed, "Fair enough. Okay, before I let you go, do you have any plans for the day or night?"

"Starkey siblings are flying in for a few days."

"I'm jealous that I'm missing that."

"I think Brooke wanted to see you more than me. She was definitely disappointed when she found out you were still in Australia."

"Ugh, next time they come, I'd better be available."

"I hope you will be." He replied, smiling softly at her.

"Okay birthday boy, try to go to bed." She paused, "Have the best birthday ever and I'll probably talk to you later."

"Thank you Hali, it means a lot to me."

"Goodnight, Drew."

"Goodnight." He grinned as she pressed "end".

Addie was having severe FOMO. She wanted to celebrate with the Starkey's, especially now that she and Drew were on good terms. No, correct that, great terms. It made her look forward to filming with Drew again in the new year.

Closer to midnight her time, she posted a story for Drew's birthday. It would likely be around 7 or 8 in the morning, so she doubted he would be awake, but to her surprise, he was.

@adelinedepp has posted a story!

drewstarkeyThat was one of my favourite nightsHow did we not get one picture together just the two of us ? we got photobombed every single timeBut thanks haliiii 😊❤️ wish you could party with me

drewstarkey
That was one of my favourite nights
How did we not get one picture together just the two of us ? we got photobombed every single time
But thanks haliiii 😊❤️ wish you could party with me

auroradepp
ugh such a good night
Happy bday to drewbieee

rudeth
Tonight's goal: get Drew as drunk as that night