forty-two

The next two days of filming VIRGO were super, super awkward. Addie constantly had to help Drew and of course, both of them were too stubborn to say anything.

She left the set that day feeling relieved that she didn't have to go back to set again. Although she did have two more days of OBX filming, it was strictly with the other cast members.

"I cannot wait to get out of here." Addie groaned as she collapsed into the on set hammock on her last day, "I love you all, but I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? We're all excited to wrap up." Madison said.

"Wait, you're not sad?" Rudy asked, pouting.

"We're going to film again next spring." Madison replied to him.

"Yeah, emphasis on next spring!" Rudy exclaimed, "Am I the only one who's sad?"

"No, Rudy." Addie sighed, "I'm also sad, but I also just need to get out of here."

"Cabin fever at its finest." Chase muttered.

"Yeah, yeah, let's call it that." Addie replied.

Madelyn gave her a knowing look as she quickly broke eye contact, glancing over towards Jonas to see what the hold up was. He was talking to Drew. Drew, who didn't even need to be here, Starkey.

But she wanted him here.

But she also didn't.

"You leaving for Australia right after we wrap today?" Chase asked Addie as she snapped out of her trance.

"Uh, yeah. My flight is tonight."

"So you'll spend all of tomorrow on a plane?" Rudy clarified as she nodded, "Damn, don't you get bored?"

"Sometimes, but not usually. I typically sleep for half of it."

"That definitely makes the time go by faster." Madison spoke up, laughing slightly.

"Yes, yes it does."

The group was soon put back to work and before they knew it, they had wrapped up their filming in Charleston.

"Thank you everyone for their hard work during this portion of filming!" Jonas yelled at the cast, smiling proudly, "That's it for Charleston this year! I'll see you all in Barbados next spring! Take care everyone!"

"Aw, I guess this means we have to say goodbye." Madelyn frowned at Addie, who just hugged her.

"It won't be goodbye for long. I'll be back before you know it."

"When? Are you going back to LA for Christmas?"

Addie chuckled softly, "Yes, I am."

"Promise me that I'll see you then?"

"I promise. We will FaceTime regularly, like always."

"I miss you already-"

"My turn!" Rudy interrupted them, "Fairwell my precious Adeline. Safe travels."

"Each and everyday I'm with you Rudy, I believe that Jonas wrote JJ just for you."

He smiled, "I'm taking that as a compliment."

"See you soon, Rudy." She said, hugging him briefly before looking back at Mads, "I miss you already too, Mads."

Addie made her way through the crowd, from JD to Chase to Madison to Austin and shockingly, to Drew, who kind of met her on her way out.

He spoke first, "I figured I'd say goodbye."

"Right, um-"

"Look, just uh, just forget about everything I said the other day, alright?" He paused, "I didn't mean it. You and I are just friends and uh, we don't need it to get more awkward. Not having you in my life for the last year kinda sucked."