thirteen

Addie received a text from the one and only, Drew, later that night.

Drew
We need to talk
It's about Jade

Addie paused. Had Jade also said something to Drew like she had to Jacob?

Her apartment door opened and Jade walked in. Speak of the fucking devil. Addie decided to test the waters with Jade before she replied to Drew.

"Hey." Jade said, seemingly flustered.

Addie narrowed her eyes slightly, "Um, hi."

"How was-"

"Did you tell Jacob that I went home with Drew?"

"Excuse me?"

"I'll ask you again. Did you tell Jacob that I went home with Drew and had mind blowing sex with him?"

Jade laughed slightly, "Um, yeah, I did. You wouldn't pick which guy you wanted so I picked for you."

"Well, it's not up to you to chose!"

"I don't get why you're so mad about this."

"Because obviously I don't have either guy right now. Both of them are not fucking talking to me, and frankly Jade, I think it has something to do with you."

A partial lie.

She and Jacob were on good terms.

Jade's eyes nearly popped out of her head, "This has nothing to do with me Adeline. Don't blame your problems on someone else."

"You said something to Jacob about me being with Drew. How do I know that you didn't say something to Drew too?"

"I don't know, Adeline. Did you ever maybe once consider that not every guy wants you?"

"It's just a question, Jade. After all, you did spend New Year's with his brother."

"I don't know why you would think I would do something like that."

"Like what?"

"Assume that I talked to both guys for you, leaving you with neither."

"There it is."

"What?"

"So, you did talk to Drew?"

"I never said that."

"Yeah, but I've known you long enough to know when you're lying to my face, Jade."

Jade rolled her eyes, "Give me a break, Adeline."

"No, because if you ruined my chances with not one, but two, amazing men, I'm going to be so fucking-"

And the bomb went off.

"So fucking what, Addie? Upset? Pissed? Sad? Like, get your fucking act together! You don't need two guys, you don't deserve them because you wouldn't even chose between the two!" Jade yelled at her, "You were dragging both of them along and it was clear who you liked more so I just thought that-"

Addie was a clever girl.

So she put the pieces of the puzzle together quickly.

"Holy shit. You told me to pick Drew because you wanted him to yourself." Addie said as Jade shook her head, "Did you only sleep with Logan to try and get closer to Drew?"

"Sure, Addie. Sure I did." She replied sarcastically.

"And to think I thought you were my friend all these years."